4gb or wait for the 8gb?

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
I didn't even wanna read anything above people need to chill out
I say get the 8 if you feel like using the iPhone for entertainment or get the 4gb if you don't have or want that many video and songs on your iPhone

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
im a recent college grad and do not have that much money so i went with the 4 gig i don't mind plugging in my iPhone at night to make the changes to either movies or music..

it is not that big of i deal i went with the 4 gig but if u want the 8 gig go for it...

and for all the people that talk sh%& what is it to you that people want to save up to get the phone.. it is ok that people save up for stuff.. no that big of a deal...

ja_vo

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
so i almost have enough money saved up to afford the 4gb model, but i really had my mind set on the 8. i'm not sure i'll ever use 8 (i never even filled up my 2gb mp3 player) but i've always told myself if i'm already spending $500 on the 4gb model, I may as well just go ahead and get the 8 just to have. to get the 8 i'll prob have to wait 2 more weeks (possibly 4 :( ) and i really don't want to wait any longer. any thoughts/recommendations on this? thanks
wait for it

danielfillmore

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
and for all the people that talk sh%& what is it to you that people want to save up to get the phone.. it is ok that people save up for stuff.. no that big of a deal...
thank you! and thank you to everyone else for the input, i appreciate it

bmustaf

Jul 12, 2007
Seems like the OP already made his choice and I can certainly appreciate the $100 makes a huge difference to starving college students.

I bought the 4GB b/c my Apple Store only had the 4GB in stock when I was buying, thought I could live with it and didn't mind the $100 savings...but I turned in my 4GB yesterday for an 8GB and ate the $50 restocking fee. That 4GB is nothing...I want to keep a few movies and enough music on there to last through a 3-4 day trip (incl time in airports, the gym, cars, et al). The 4GB just didn't cut it...and that's now when the iPhone has no 3rd party app support, no File system support, etc. If those do come to fruition, my free space is under even more contention!