4GB people

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

sbrainb

Aug 13, 2007
Will people who bought the 4GB iPhone also be eligible for a rebate? Considering Apple isn't even selling this model anymore, I feel like a total ass. Probably should have forked over the extra $100.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Will people who bought the 4GB iPhone also be eligible for a rebate? Considering Apple isn't even selling this model anymore, I feel like a total ass. Probably should have forked over the extra $100.

They could keep the rebate, if they'd just swap out my 4GB for a 8GB. I'd be perfectly content with that. ..,and never bother them again. I do have to say, my 4 gig has been very good to me. No issues at all. It's been great.

trojan21

Jun 27, 2007
I have the 4gig as well and wished I had gotten an 8 on day 1. Now I wished I just waited till now because for $100 less, you can get an 8gig. I think if you read the langauge on the open letter, it says $100 to all early adopters, so yeah, even the 4gig peeps will get the rebate. But I'm happy with my purchase anyways.

oliegirl

Jul 6, 2007
I'm pretty pissed at Apple for doing this so soon after it launched, and if I don't get $100 rebate on my 4 gb purchase I'll be even more pissed and will likely never buy another Apple product again, but if they give me the rebate then I'll be fine and won't hold a grudge.

H

hax

Well thank you for all the 4gber's making your voices heard. Do the same at the Apple forums for the iPhone. They are still "working on it" which means Im sure conditions and all the exact details. There's still time to get Apple to do the appropriate thing for all iPhones.

PhilipJohn

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
Bronx, New York
well I am very upset, I bought my 4g on August 21st, and I feel like after making a major investment and ending a contract with T mobile I'm highly upset. And I did my research, Apple has never dropped their prices so quick so I decided not to wait. I know there has to be that guy that missed the cut off by one day, and that guy is me. ATT has really angered me by how I was treated at the store of purchase. I'm wondering what the hell I got myself into. I can't believe they just started a businesss relationship with me and won't even allow me to speak to a store manager. I love the phone, ATT and Apple have a lot to learn about working together to provide me with the service and at the least some concern regardless of their current policies.

H

hax

well I am very upset, I bought my 4g on August 21st, and I feel like after making a major investment and ending a contract with T mobile I'm highly upset. And I did my research, Apple has never dropped their prices so quick so I decided not to wait. I know there has to be that guy that missed the cut off by one day, and that guy is me. ATT has really angered me by how I was treated at the store of purchase. I'm wondering what the hell I got myself into. I can't believe they just started a businesss relationship with me and won't even allow me to speak to a store manager. I love the phone, ATT and Apple have a lot to learn about working together to provide me with the service and at the least some concern regardless of their current policies.
Keep making your voice heard! If its true that the 4GB sold below expectations, they might figure that ok well we'll give em a $100 store credit like the others, but leave it at that since they'll be more easier to screw. Keep on!

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I like my iPhone but I am upset that in short 10 weeks it is now discontinued. I will email Apple and let them know. Yes, cell phones come and go and drop prices, but this is the most ridiculous thing I've heard of. No cell phone company has done this. I am happy for the credit but still fell taken a little.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I like my iPhone but I am upset that in short 10 weeks it is now discontinued. I will email Apple and let them know. Yes, cell phones come and go and drop prices, but this is the most ridiculous thing I've heard of. No cell phone company has done this. I am happy for the credit but still fell taken a little.
I'm in complete agreement.

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I have to admit, if I'd bought a 4GB model, I would undoubtedly be upset on a few levels.

On another note, have any of you thought about selling your 4GBs and using the store credit to supplement buying an 8GB? You would certainly have to fork over a little cash out of pocket, but your 4GBs aren't without value. This is one solution to having a problem with having a discontinued product. There are lots of folks out there who REALLY want an iPhone but still can't afford the $400 price tag who might love to buy your 4GB model for $250-$300. Just a thought...

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Yes, but I would rather just keep it than having to go through selling it and putting more money into it. But why would people by my used one for that much when they can get a new one at the Apple website for $299? They will be selling these until they run out and from what I have heard they still have lots of them to sell at this price. No one's going to want my used one unless I sell it way lower, then I am out even more money. It sounds good what your saying and it's good that people who couldn't afford to come it with $499 might be able to come up with $299 now but I don't think I will be selling mine.

oliegirl

Jul 6, 2007
I would much rather keep my 4 GB, but if the $100 isn't good for 4 GB owners, I might seriously consider selling it, more on principal than anything else...the whole thing is really irritating, but I'm trying to not over-react and make a rash decision until we know for sure if the rebate is going to the 4 GB owners as well.

axhoaxho

Jul 3, 2007
Apple and Jobs really do a wonderful job to piss everyone off. I have the 8GB and my wife has the 4GB.

Talk about the 4GB iPhone being obsolete in less than 10 weeks!? This is probably the shortest product cycle of all, and is going to be a dinner-table joke down the history.

I hope Steve Jobs' finally annoucement of the rebate won't screw us up again (hope the $100 won't be just good toward purchasing new Mac or with much limitation.)

And yes, 4GB folks, please voice yourself at:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/share/

:(

H

hax

Apple and Jobs really do a wonderful job to piss everyone off. I have the 8GB and my wife has the 4GB.

Talk about the 4GB iPhone being obsolete in less than 10 weeks!? This is probably the shortest product cycle of all, and is going to be a dinner-table joke down the history.

I hope Steve Jobs' finally annoucement of the rebate won't screw us up again (hope the $100 won't be just good toward purchasing new Mac or with much limitation.)

And yes, 4GB folks, please voice yourself at:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/share/

:(
I kind of hope he makes that sort of mistake by limiting the rebate, so we can get people to understand who Jobs really is.

funkeruski

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I've got a 4g and the whole "discontinued" deal doesn't bother me at all. It's still an iPhone with smaller storage capacity. That being said, I'd still like to get an 8g.