4gig support group.

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
All 4gig iPhone owners welcome here. Band together to help each other out, share nifty space-saving methods, which case do you use to hide the 4gig markings, etc..........

I will start,

My name is Kris, and I have a 4gig iPhone. Luckily, I don't know anyone else with an iPhone, so I'm a baller regardless:cool:. I have converted my iTunes library to 128kbs acc instead of mp3 so that saves tons of space. I really don't keep much video on mine (except Blue Harvest, a necessity) and I reguarlly upload my pics to Photobucket......

Now it's your turn. Don't be shy, you're with friends..................

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Unfortunately, $500 was all I could spend back in July. I have a few short videos on the iPhone, and several songs with about 25 contacts.

I'll definitely get an 8GB when 2.0 comes out.

- John

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Yup, 4gb here too. I keep a real limited amount of music / podcasts (for not very long) on the phone, and almost never any video ...

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
Man, ther aren't many of us left huh? So does this mean that ours are worth more because they are rare? $600 for a mint 4gig iPhone to anyone who's interested:cool:.

AppleSVT

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
Man, ther aren't many of us left huh? So does this mean that ours are worth more because they are rare? $600 for a mint 4gig iPhone to anyone who's interested:cool:.
SOLD :p i would still have an original 4g but my battery shorted out and i had more money at the time so i traded up :cool:

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
So, three of us so far... anybody else?

- John

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
So, three of us so far... anybody else?

- John
i'm sure that Brittany has a 4gig and would LOVE to come to the meetings but unfortunately she has too many right now.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
my girlfriend offered to upgrade me for my birthday (last week) but when we got to the Apple store I was not feeling that I needed an upgrade at the time . I'll upgrade if a new version comes out.... I decided to save the money and put it towards a plasma on looking at this 37" right now ...

So yes .... 4 giger BABY!

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
my girlfriend offered to upgrade me for my birthday (last week) but when we got to the Apple store I was not feeling that I needed an upgrade at the time . I'll upgrade if a new version comes out.... I decided to save the money and put it towards a plasma on looking at this 37" right now ...

So yes .... 4 giger BABY!
:eek: and we were all so happy for your upgrade too! lol
I have the iPhone Fully Loaded book by Andy hnatko and in that he says talks about using smart playlists to keep his iPhone full and constantly changing. I thought some of you guys might find this useful, and if you want to know anything else that you think might be in the book, just ask :D

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
I have the iPhone Fully Loaded book by Andy hnatko and in that he says talks about using smart playlists to keep his iPhone full and constantly changing. I thought some of you guys might find this useful, and if you want to know anything else that you think might be in the book, just ask :D
Yeah, I just make Smart Playlists of 500-700 randomly chosen songs and sync an new one every few days. This only takes up about 1.5gigs!

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I've just started on Andy's book, and like it a lot, like his writing style a lot ...

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
I've just started on Andy's book, and like it a lot, like his writing style a lot ...
I prefer David Pogue's but, since I'm in the UK, and his book is mostly for US, like how to email pictures to phones as a MMS alterative, then it's mostly useless to me......

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I prefer David Pogue's but, since I'm in the UK, and his book is mostly for US, like how to email pictures to phones as a MMS alterative, then it's mostly useless to me......
Hmm, I hadn't tried Pogue's yet - might give that a look. Also have Erica Sadun's that I've started sort of simultaneously with Andy's. Wherabouts in the UK you from?