4S caller ID issue with Verizon solved!

njdevils1986

Bronze
Jul 6, 2009
Tinton Falls, NJ
If anyone is having an issue with contact names not showing up during calls (number only) and you have Verizon as a carrier...issue is solved. If you look at your contact list and the numbers show up as 7325555555 not (732)555-5555 it's a roaming update issue. When receiving calls, only the number will show not the contact name. Just dial *228 and send...then option 2 and wait until it's complete. Wait about 3 minutes until the phone completes the update and then check your contact list. It should show the number correctly with area code in parenthesis. After Googling for a couple hours and no luck, I called the genius bar at Apple and they figured it out. Good luck!

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Thanks for posting that. Not a Verizon user myself, but it could be a big help to others.

Nov 17, 2011
Excellent, it fixed the problem. I made 4 calls to Apple....two resets, deleted the account ..... Added the account, and last but not least searched the Internet when I stumbled on this article.
Thank you!

njdevils1986

Bronze
Jul 6, 2009
Tinton Falls, NJ
Excellent, it fixed the problem. I made 4 calls to Apple....two resets, deleted the account ..... Added the account, and last but not least searched the Internet when I stumbled on this article.
Thank you!
Glad it worked for you! Took me hours until an Apple expert gave me two choices...one of which was to update the roaming capability. I take it you have Verizon as a carrier?

Nov 17, 2011
Verizon , and former BlackBerry user. Jumped the BB ship after the last outage. My IT guys forced me into the 4S.