4s Order online or buy from store?

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by RedWritingHood, Oct 23, 2011.

1. RedWritingHood

Bronze

Besides walking away with a ready to use product, are there any special benefits to purchasing your phone in a store rather than just ordering it online?

If the only convenience is having them load the new phone with my old apps and information, then I think I would rather avoid the crowds and have it sent to my house, but I've never done that before.

I'm looking to upgrade from a 3G to 4s in the next few weeks...

Any thoughts on your experiences? Thanks!

2. Smarty2600

Smarty2600 Member
    Bronze

Well I personally like to buy any phone from my carrier but thats usually to switch numbers and give people upgrades that they want on our family plan. But if you believe you could activate your phone and everything yourself then just have it shipped to you is my vote.

3. shutter13

shutter13 Evangelist
    Gold

If your close enough to an Apple store or your carrier has the models in stock, the biggest benefit is the time it will take yu to walk away with one. My carrier has none in stock and there are no Apple stores close enough for me to drive to one, so I ordered online and am waiting the week and a half it is taking to get it. Activating it yourself is a non-issue, just follow the on screen prompts and it will be fine.

4. Leo

Leo Zealot
    Silver

The above replies, really. As an added note, you going from a 3G to a 4S...you're going to see significant speed improvements when comparing the two.

5. RedWritingHood

Bronze

Thanks, everyone. I'm going to go ahead and order it!

:)

6. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I order! If it wasn't just released then it woul be different. But by now they have that reservation thing (my store had none since they implemented this feature) and the lines are still there. The store is swamped with people and just walking in there is crazy. At our store most one one appointments are help either at the lounge outside the store or at the Starbucks stand. When I order I get it guaranteed (can track it step by step) and with no hassle and wait. No driving there either.

7. RedWritingHood

Bronze

I just ordered! I had called around my town and just about everywhere was sold out, so I think a few clicks will be worth the wait.

It will also give me some time to pick out a case rather than just grabbing whichever one is near the checkout.

8. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

oh how exciting .......the wait is just as much fun ... I love the new phone it is so fast .... WE wait with ya

9. RedWritingHood

Bronze

Thanks! It is exciting! I'm looking forward most to the camera, I think. Siri will be fun to play with, too :D

10. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

ok I'll wait here too if that's ok. I'm on my 15th day, yayyy.

11. RedWritingHood

Bronze

ugggh!

I think you might be past the "fun" part of the waiting, huh?

12. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

I never knew I was this patient, I'm still exited thou, that hasn't faded.

13. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Congrats on the phone. How you like it so far?

14. RedWritingHood

Bronze

It's good, thanks! But I have to say the air bubble between the screen and my case is driving me nuts.

The phone doesn't seem to have any problems so far. My Siri was convinced I was someone else for a while buy we got it straightened out :)

How is yours?

15. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

I love everything about it. I was able to bring the battery to around 6 hours, so no real complains there. Siri is awesome, camera is awesone, and the speed is a big plus, just incase the 4 wasn't fast enough.
    What bubble? You mean the rattle?

16. RedWritingHood

Bronze

No, I don't have a rattle, thankfully... But I'm dissatisfied in my selection of my case. There's a gap that I don't think will go away. The pad, or piece of foam (?) around the speaker is lifting the screen of the case away from the phone's screen. I don't care for the way it feels. So, looks like I'm not quite done shopping yet. Otherwise, I'm very satisfied!

17. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

What case did you get?
    That's the one I got, if I like it I'll get the white one as well.

Attached Files:

18. RedWritingHood

Bronze

Ooo.. That looks sleek!

I had gone with a Lifeproof, but I think I'll give something else a try. Though I have to say, I'm liking the feel of no case at the moment.

19. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

I like it without the case too, but I either have carpal tunnel syndrome or just bad luck. I've dropped the phone 3 times already, twice on concrete and there's a smudge on the band. I need anything to give me a better grip, and that case seems enough for me since I've used one like that before.

20. RedWritingHood

Bronze

Yikes!

Yeah, I'm prone to dropping things too. Now I have an otter box (impact, I think) on it and it's working well enough for the price. Not waterproof, but still good.