4S Text / Imessage Time Stamp Discrepancy

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by jmama26, Dec 18, 2013.

1. jmama26

jmama26 New Member

Quick question. Is it common or normal for the time stamps on imessages to be off by a minute? For example I sent a message at 11:39pm and the response received directly after that message was time stamped at 11:38pm. What would cause there to be a 1 minute discrepancy? Is it just a glitch, or does the time stamp come back based on the senders phone and what the time was when they sent it?

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

So the response has an arrival time earlier than the original message that you sent. That is odd, but you're not alone. I looked at a text exchange I had with my wife. Foolish conversation aside, the message time stamp is off, no different than what you are explaining. As for the reason, I'm not so sure. We're both on AT&T, were in the same location. Just very odd.

unnamed.png

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I've experienced this on all of my iPhones. It's normal. It's usually just a matter of seconds that it's off. You can see this when you are using BiteSMS, which displays the seconds. Time stamps are not 100% accurate down to the second when you are sending and receiving messages at the same time.