4S's SOLD on eBay - Switching from Sprint to VZN for iPhone 5!

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by snowtrooper1966, Sep 14, 2012.

1. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Woot!
    So last night on a half-baked sleep deprived whim, I listed the snowtrooper family's trio of Sprint Absithe'd 4S's on eBay. More of a test to see what I might expect, after “ccompleted auction listing” research indicated I was not too far from what I would need to upgrade.
    Thought it was gonna be an uphill battle with the Keynote announcement and preorders of the 5's behind us, but as they are JB'd and have 13 months left on the Applecare+, they went within 12 hours!
    The first one sold before I was even done with the listings.....

Buy it Now auction prices:
    $300-16GB black for snowtrooper Jr's
    $400-32GB white for Mrs snowtrooper's
    $500-64GB black for mine
    $1,200 Gross
    After eBay, PayPal and shipping fees, will net:
    $1,062

Cost of 3 (one black 16GB, one white 32GB and a black 64GB) fully subsidized Verizon iPhone 5's, including California sales tax and one $35 dollar activation fee (other 2 waived):
    $1,014

$48 dollar net profit, may be able to afford a bumper case for one of them :D

Only had Sprint for 11 months, but was able to get out of our contract with no ETF's due to Executive trouble ticket associated with sub par 3G data speeds and FCC complaint.

Last week, I did not think I was going to be able to swing this. Glad I was wrong

So it looks like we are T-minus 6 days for iPhone 5 Campout madness!

2. Girdler

Girdler Contributor
    Bronze

Not bad for the net profit. I mean, given the fact that you're just switching out the 4s for the 5. Congrats sir(and to the other storm troopers alike, ha).

3. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

I switched from Sprint to Verizon for the 4S and I'm especially glad to upgrade to the 5 with them having spectacular LTE coverage here in Cleveland.

4. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

This is soo cool ! Congrats to a iP5 family

5. FuelieNova

FuelieNova Contributor
    Silver

I am curious to see what my MINT 32 4S will sell for. Im thinking about listing it on eBay wednesday.
    Tom

6. snowtrooper1966

Gold

A "what its worth" search from eBay hompage lists it as 460, but I think that number is a bit generous, and declining. It took about 6 hours for our 32GB white to sell this morning. It's actually going to Russia...

7. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

snowtrooper1966 NICE! Congrats! It's Awesome when things just come together like that! Now iPhone 5 here you come! I'm happy for you!