5.0.1 Upgrade bricked my phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jeanie Kilgour, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Jeanie Kilgour

Jeanie Kilgour New Member

I tried to upgrade my iPhone 4S from the original iSO to iSO 5.0.1; there was a 50 minute download then it switched into "installing mode". It stopped installing when the graph on the phone showed approx. 80%. I let it sit, but after nearly 40 min., there wsa no change at all. I aborted the installation and attempted to restore the phone to factory settings then reinstall the upgraded iOS. The "restore" downloaded, but again froze with about 35% installed. I let it sit for more than 2 hours, but nothing changed. I have no idea what the problem is. Can anyone help my now-bricked iPhone 4S?

Jeanie

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Have you tried downloading the update file directly to your computer? I'll post a link to a thread on here that has direct links to the file you need.
    Once it downloads, plug phone into iTunes and press the shift key when you click restore. It will let you choose the file you downloaded.
    Hope this helps and gets you going again.
    http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/ios-official-download-links.76516/

#2 RoofMonkey, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2014
  3. Jeanie Kilgour

Jeanie Kilgour New Member

Thanks, Scott. At this point, I'm just trying to restore my uphone so it works at all (all I get is the usb cord pointing to the iTunes logo). It's been frozen part way through the restore for a whie. I am using iTunes 10.5.3; could that be a problem?