5.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak Now Available

PinkBanana

Zealot
Gold
Feb 16, 2010
Burnley, UK
Finally jailbroken my 3GS but have gone down the Redsn0w> Rocky Racoon route! First thing that went back on from Cydia was MY Bite!

Sent from my Lady Sara's iPhone using iCafe app

Reactions: iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
iFile is a must if you want to customise your device. Springtomize I always found it caused random Safe Mode crashes, I'm assuming it's much better now, though.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Lately I've been answering safe mode crash questions, and it came down to issues with using Springtomize.
Ugh. Seems like it's still buggy. Probably the reason why I don't use it. It is a useful app, but one app changing all those different extensions, it'll never be perfect.

snowtrooper1966

Genius
Gold
Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
I counted last week, and have 57 Cydia packages, 28 of which are active daily.
Since the original Absinthe JB at the beginning if the year, I've gone into safe mode perhaps 4 times.
Springtomize is solid on my Absinthe'd 4S....

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I counted last week, and have 57 Cydia packages, 28 of which are active daily.
Since the original Absinthe JB at the beginning if the year, I've gone into safe mode perhaps 4 times.
Springtomize is solid on my Absinthe'd 4S....
I don't have anything that would cause me to go into safe mode. I don't know, maybe I'm just not a great jailbreaker. :p

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
That was trial and error.
Have not been in safe mode for months.
Not to mention I also have custom tweaks in iFile as well....
As I said, solid.
Custom tweaks in iFile? Do you mean you've installed the .deb files through Cydia's AutoInstall folder?

snowtrooper1966

Genius
Gold
Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
Negative, not that deep into iFile yet....
I've just replaced the stock "slide to unlock" sound with a converted iTunes AIFF tone.
It should have been straightforward, but I had a hell of a time. Mindi has to step in and help me out...
Did manage to change the stock Notes icon .png file all by my self :D

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Negative, not that deep into iFile yet....
I've just replaced the stock "slide to unlock" sound with a converted iTunes AIFF tone.
It should have been straightforward, but I had a hell of a time. Mindi has to step in and help me out...
Did manage to change the stock Notes icon .png file all by my self :D
Sounds like all you're doing is theming through iFile. I've changed a lot of icons through iFile. I hate stock icons.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Seems none of the tweaks work to change the 4G icon now.
You just need to change the file names to get the 4G icon images to work on 5.1.1. Here's a data icon that I made for 5.0.1 and then updated just now to make it work on 5.1.1.

If you already have a theme, just change the file names. If you need to make one from scratch, make a folder called Custom 4G Icon and then make a folder within it named UIImages. Find the images you want to use, name them as listed below and put them in the UIImages folder. Then put the Custom 4G Icon folder in your themes folder and apply through WinterBoard.

Here are the new file names for 5.1.1:
Untitled-2.png

Custom 4G icon on 5.1.1:
Untitled-1.png

Reactions: snowtrooper1966

snowtrooper1966

Genius
Gold
Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
U had to post that as an example... :)
I gotta try that one again, I'm sure I botched the install.
I just didn't want to bother you at the time since you worked so hard to help with my custom "slide to unlock" m4r.....
I'll reply in my iFile n00b thread.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
U had to post that as an example... :)
I gotta try that one again, I'm sure I botched the install.
I just didn't want to bother you at the time since you worked so hard to help with my custom "slide to unlock" m4r.....
I'll reply in my iFile n00b thread.
It's no trouble. I'll email you a .zip for this updated version. Just unarchive it and put it in themes.