5.5" iPhone 6 to get higher capacity battery than 4.7"?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Rafagon, Jul 7, 2014.

?

How much would battery capacity alone influence your decision on which iPhone 6 to get?

Poll closed Aug 6, 2014.
  1. immensely (higher)

25.0%
  2. significantly

25.0%
  3. substantially

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. moderately

25.0%
  5. just a tad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. a smidgen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. not at all (lower)

25.0%
  1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

The (rumored) higher-capacity battery of the 5.5-inch version iPhone 6 versus the (rumored) capacity of the battery in the 4.7-inch version is a good enough reason for me to aim to get the larger model. Any decent plastic surgeon can make my hands larger if necessary to hold it comfortably, as I'm sure any decent tailor can alter my pants' pockets to handle the larger cargo. :D

http://investorplace.com/2014/07/apple-aapl/ states:

"The 4.7-inch version of the iPhone 6 is rumored to be getting a 1,800 mAh battery. This will give Apple’s new iPhone a 15% boost over the battery in the iPhone 5s, AppleInsider notes. The 5.5-inch version of the iPhone 6 is rumored to contain a 2,500 mAh battery. This would be a 60% increase over the battery in the iPhone 5S. However, these batteries are similar in size to the ones used in rival products."

#1 Rafagon, Jul 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Wouldn't a larger battery be required to give the same amount of usage time as compared to the current devices?
    I would think a larger screen would require more battery power.

It's a moot point because no matter what size battery, people are going to complain and say their battery life sucks. LOL

3. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Great point. I would imagine it would need a brighter (or at least larger) backlight, indeed. And if it ends up being higher-resolution as some reports have claimed, it's going to take more CPU and GPU power to drive all those pixels.