5 Apps to be added to Touch

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
Notes, weather, stocks, mail, maps. Will cost $20 for current Touch owners, all new Touch units bought will include the features already.
Whoo hoo! - I wonder when we can start Downloading?

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
Well, it sure sounds like it will be available today just like the update for the iPhone will be today.
I hope, I am watching updates on engadget, but they didn't make it really clear to me at least.

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
The more and more I think about it the $20 is complete B.S. for us so called early adpoters. $20 isn't that much, but if the people who buy one tomorrow get the apps for the same price I originally paid, why am I being punished?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
This was a good decision. I'm not so sure about the paying for the update part, but I know it'll be on Apple's side.

A buddy of mine (actually, many buddies) have Touches that they jailbroke only to get these applications on them. Now that won't be necessary.

BTW - I just thought of asking something. Has anybody upgraded a jailbroken phone/touch to 1.1.3 from 1.1.2? If so, did it work? Did you get bricked? I'd like to know so that I can warn the guys not to update if necessary.

- John

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
Has anyone found this update on the iTunes store yet? Im not sure what category it would be under...

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Has anyone found this update on the iTunes store yet? Im not sure what category it would be under...
Apple probably hasn't put it up yet. The keynote isn't on their site yet, and I have a feeling they're quite busy over in Cupertino right now.

- John

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
Actually I just upgraded. I just had to download the new version of iTunes and upgrade to 1.1.3 then it shows up as an option on your iTunes

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
This was a good decision. I'm not so sure about the paying for the update part, but I know it'll be on Apple's side.

A buddy of mine (actually, many buddies) have Touches that they jailbroke only to get these applications on them. Now that won't be necessary.

BTW - I just thought of asking something. Has anybody upgraded a jailbroken phone/touch to 1.1.3 from 1.1.2? If so, did it work? Did you get bricked? I'd like to know so that I can warn the guys not to update if necessary.

- John
Yeah I have jailbroken and unbroken a few times, I liked the iPhone apps the best, but the charging for them part when new purchasers are getting for free is BS. But I will still pay for them anyway.... I guess..... The only other JB apps I liked were Blackjack and the NES emulator, but I can live with out them.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
are you guys sure these features will come on new iTouches? I haven't seen anything from Apple that says so.

I can't imagine any reason for Apple to charge this fee for pre-existing iTouches, while not adding a premium to new ones... especially so soon after the iPhone price drop fiasco...

i may be wrong, but i bet EVERYONE will have to pay the $20...

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
wow i just finished watching the keynote.. 20 bucks is hefty..... i wonder though... the google maps workd to touch users from anywhere or they have to be logged on to a wifi hub
?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
wow i just finished watching the keynote.. 20 bucks is hefty..... i wonder though... the google maps workd to touch users from anywhere or they have to be logged on to a wifi hub
?
they would need a wifi connection.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
it still sucks that they have to pay 20 bucks.. guess that theyll use that to pay the developers?/

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
maybe Apple just wanted to give people one more reason to get an iPhone as opposed to an iPod touch.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
yes that is true i agree that is is more reason to just get the iPhone......

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
are you guys sure these features will come on new iTouches? I haven't seen anything from Apple that says so.

I can't imagine any reason for Apple to charge this fee for pre-existing iTouches, while not adding a premium to new ones... especially so soon after the iPhone price drop fiasco...

i may be wrong, but i bet EVERYONE will have to pay the $20...

just got off an online chat with Apple.com

• You are chatting with Nadine, an Apple Expert
  • Hi, my name is Nadine. Welcome to Apple!
  • Nadine: Hello
  • Nadine: How may I help you today?
  • You: hello i have a question about ipod touch
  • You: if i order it and get a new one does it come with mail, maps, notes, weather and stocks?
  • Nadine: I'm happy to assist with that.
  • Nadine: Yes they now come with all of those applications
  • You: cool thank just wondering because the people that got it early ave to pay the 20 bucks i didn't wanna pay that
  • You: does it cost more because the new appps or is it just the same price?
  • Nadine: Sam price
  • Nadine: Same*
  • You: thanks
  • You: have a nice day......
  • Nadine: Thank you for visiting the Apple Store. We appreciate your businesss.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
interesting. There is absolutely no reason for that.

if i had an iPod touch, i'd be pissed.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
yes... id be too.... that is lame that the new users get it for free and the poople that bought it first get to pay for it ... that is a weird move to make....