5 things the iPhone 6 needs to stay in the game

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
This from an article today on Forbes. Breaking it down, here are the top 5 things the iPhone 6 needs. Discuss!

1. Larger screen

2. Better battery life

3. Class leading camera

4. High Definition AMOLED screen

5. 5G WiFi

Chancellor

Contributor
Bronze
May 28, 2011
If a 5 inch iPhone released with an amoled screen / acceptable battery, I probably wouldn't want a new phone for years :).

Nexus5/iPhone5s

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I would be happy with a larger screen, just not too large. I wouldn't want a phablet.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I think it is a nice list except for the 5G Wifi. Battery life could always use an improvement. 4G is fast enough for most people.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
that list is a joke. iPhone doesn't need a damn thing to "stay in the game". it already has great battery life, and Apple are clearly more concerned about making it thinner and lighter while keeping the battery life the same. it also already has almost the best camera, second only to that Nokia which has a camera that sticks out the back. not Apple style. AMOLED with higher pixel density? why higher pixel density than retina? there will be little benefit at the cost of lower battery life, which was a priority only a couple paragraphs earlier. 5G wifi? nobody cares.

the only thing people actually want on that list is a bigger screen, but Apple hardly "needs" it.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
that list is a joke. iPhone doesn't need a damn thing to "stay in the game". it already has great battery life, and Apple are clearly more concerned about making it thinner and lighter while keeping the battery life the same. it also already has almost the best camera, second only to that Nokia which has a camera that sticks out the back. not Apple style. AMOLED with higher pixel density? why higher pixel density than retina? there will be little benefit at the cost of lower battery life, which was a priority only a couple paragraphs earlier. 5G wifi? nobody cares.

the only thing people actually want on that list is a bigger screen, but Apple hardly "needs" it.
But...but..but air gestures!

rambo47

Contributor
Silver
Apr 4, 2010
Northern NJ
The camera on the iPhone 5s is pretty good right now. Higher megapixels don't equate to better pictures - just bigger files. It's all about the optics. A bigger screen is the only thing I'd like, and only if they do it without making the iPhone into a giant fondleslab.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
The camera on the iPhone 5s is pretty good right now. Higher megapixels don't equate to better pictures - just bigger files. It's all about the optics. A bigger screen is the only thing I'd like, and only if they do it without making the iPhone into a giant fondleslab.
Fondleslab? I like it.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
The camera is great and I agree about the megapixels. The pictures already need to be sized down to be manageable in many instances. I don't want or need more than 8 MP in a phone camera. However, they can increase the optics each year without increasing the megapixels. I'd love to see even better low light capabilities, for example.

Hippo Nailed it.

Njshoremom4gurlz

Contributor
Silver
Sep 13, 2011
I hate AMOLED screen w a passion I cannot see a damn thing in the sun one thing I LOVE and missed last summer w iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Njshoremom4gurlz

Contributor
Silver
Sep 13, 2011
Apple don't need to be Samsung

Njshoremom4gurlz

Contributor
Silver
Sep 13, 2011
Maybe a slightly larger screen that's it,it's perfect right now best phone I've had and yes I've had many. It's not like I don't know a thing about Android and rooting and launchers and zooper widgets and ON n ON it's fun but I just love Love how I keep going back to iPhone for a reason. It works year 3 as it did day 1