500 and counting

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
It feels good. Fury just put up a post for his 1000th, and referenced his 500th post, so I guess in a way he inspired me. So, perhaps a little background information of myself would follow suit.

My name is Shane Holland. I will be 22 on August 4th (yay! only 5 days left!). I'm living outside Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I attended Penn State University from 2005-2009, and graduate with my Bachelor of Science in Information Science and Technology. I'm currently in the process of applying to graduate school for this coming Fall semester for the Master of Science in Computer Science program. I guess my ambition is to teach at the collegiate level once I'm finished with the graduate program.

I currently work for Godiva Chocolatier as a Systems Support Engineer. My job consists mainly of server maintenance, end user support, and VB .NET programming. I like it, but it's definitely not where I want to be for the rest of my life. I think I'm more inclined to be the one researching, applying and then teaching technology (hence why I want to be a "professor").

I'm definitely a "Windows guy" but have always wanted to play around with my own personal Mac computer, thereforee, I think (soon enough) I'll invest in a Macbook Pro. I must admit, they look SWEET!

Other than that, I'm a pretty typical 21 year-old. I like hanging out with my girlfriend and my friends. I play video games. I like beer. I love traveling (I've visited England, Ireland, Wales, Mexico, Dominican Republic and obviously the USA). I like working on my car. I own my own freelance web design businesss (on the side).

So, yes, that is me. And thank you all for having me here @ iCafe. Okay, 1000, HERE I COME! :)

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Forget all that other stuff - do you get free chocolate?
Haha, hey now! The rest is important!

Well, it depends upon what method of obtaining the chocolate I use. When I'm in the office, there are bowls of different chocolates lying around all over, and I can dip into those as frequently as I want for free.

If, to give you an example, I purchase different chocolates by the pound, I get them for $2.50/pound instead of $44.00/pound that customers would pay.

Finally, all packaged chocolates (those conveniently found in Godiva retail stores) in the pretty boxes, etc. I get 50 - 75% off the retail price of them.

Want some chocolate? ;)

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
I want some chocolate!
Nice reveal bro , you sound very grounded and you have great goals in life some which you have already attained (your BA) congrats
Now mail me some chocolate