5s vs. 5 noticeable differences?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by imutter, Sep 23, 2013.

1. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Right of the top I noticed the loud speakers !
    I wonder so if the glass front changed somehow? It seems just different to me?

2. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

I read where the black screen seems darker somehow. I think it was someone here on the eiC who mentioned that the screen seemed darker to them.

I saw my co-workers iPhone 5s today and it looked so good. The Space Gray is a handsome color. Apple did a good job with it. I know I'll love mine when I get it.

The speakers louder!? That will be a plus for me. I

3. leehookem21

leehookem21 Member
    Bronze

Fingerprints don't seem as noticeable. Speaker is louder.

4. radtechy

radtechy Contributor
    Bronze

The 5S is louder. I thought maybe life proof made improvements to the case which they did say. I tossed my early production black few and got a new teal one for 40 from AT&T cause they were half off.

I guess maybe its a combo of both

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

5. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

I didn't see much to make me switch. Played with it yesterday at the Apple store and left with no doubt that I'm gonna pass this one and wait for the 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

#5 Bennyboy, Sep 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2013
  6. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Benchmarks show it's right at twice as fast as the 5, but from comparisons I've seen it really only shows it's true speed on games and such. Yeah boot up times are a bit faster and you may get a web page to load few milliseconds faster, but I agree with ya @Bennyboy

#6 RoofMonkey, Sep 24, 2013
  7. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

That doesn't matter much to me, I don't play games and the 5 is fast enough to compete with any phone out there. If I would've noticed a difference in the camera I might have considered the switch, I can get 500 for my unlocked iPhone so it's not a money issue and a year from now it might still be worth around $300 so I can upgrade for free, or Keep both. For now all I know is that I'm happy where I'm at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

#7 Bennyboy, Sep 24, 2013
  8. rjkgr

rjkgr Member
    Bronze

there is a lot different between the 5 or the 5s

9. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

Me too I had a play with the 5s and of course it's gonna be a bit quicker than the 5 but I will be waiting and sticking with my 5 as the new iOS has given it a boost plus I've got the black and slate and still no marks or scuffs! I'm pretty pleased with that when I see some of my friends black ip5 I wonder if Apple sorted that little problem out on the space grey(is it called)..

Sent using iCafe app

10. trnsilver

trnsilver Zealot
    Gold

I truly have not noticed much different either outside of Touch ID, which is minimal. I believe that is faster because I'm told that, but for my use it seems the same.

Only reason I upgraded is because I'm able to every year due to an extra line on my account never needing a new phone. So it's a "why not" situation.

11. leehookem21

leehookem21 Member
    Bronze

Do tell. Do tell.

I was forced to upgrade since mine was stolen from work on Friday.

12. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Songs/Apps download wicked fast and back up to cloud is way faster too. I have to do a comparison. With both phones side by side

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

13. macscac

macscac Member
    Bronze

No one has mentioned the camera
    Is it not that much more ?

The camera was the only reason that I was considering replacing the ip5

14. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I think good photographers have to start using the 5s before we get credible opinions on the camera. I'm not listening to the opinions of Joe Bumbleshutter down the street as the definitive word on the camera.

15. macscac

macscac Member
    Bronze

Valid point
    I haven't gotten to see an ip5s yet in person so I was just looking for any feedback

16. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

I'm not a photographer but I really wanted to try the camera in low light, I think any difference we can see it there, and didn't find any apps on the 5S installed that let me play with focus and exposure. Btw I forgot to check on the 5S, does it have that option stock? Just out of curiosity.

Sent using iCafe app

17. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You're not a photographer?! Um...I've seen your instagram. You are definitely a good photographer. Your pics are amazing. (y)

18. verwon

verwon Evangelist
    Gold

Side by side with my 5, I can see a marked difference between the screens. The 5s is definitely brighter and clearer, it's also much cooler than my 5 was, this one is closer to that of my 4S

Sent from something made by Apple!

19. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

It is brighter. I saw a difference between my 5 and my coworkers 5s screen. I thought it was just because his was new but I had my brightness up so it should have looked equal but it didn't.

Sent using iCafe app

20. rjkgr

rjkgr Member
    Bronze

yeah apps have been uploading faster but some apps don't download for me and also he feel is not the same