5th time the charm?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Shirazik

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Irvine, CA
So I am starting to think the universe is against me. So in less than 2 hours I went through 2 iPhones. My initial reason for returning my first one was bad construction and dust under the screen. Second one had 4 dead pixels right next to each other so it looked like a big chunk was missing from the screen. Then today I went back again and returned that one only to get one that had a loose screen that when I touched the screen it caused ripples (as if u were to touch a normal LCD monitor with your finger). So within a few minutes of noticing that i returned it for what seemed like a normal one until i got home. Wanted to check for dead pixels so i shut my lights off and lo and behold there are 3 scattered on the far right middle and left, all visible from the menu screen. In addition to that the black anttena part on the bottom squeeks when you squeeze the sides, my first one did this too. ALSO the "bleeding light dots " in the corners of my screen (this problem was discussed in another post). All LCD related issues were from series 7, my first one was 5 and the last 3 I had were all 7. Im going one more time to the store hopefully i can get one that doesn't squeek or have dead pixels or have light escape from the corners. Im starting to think that the engineers didn't care when the made the 7 series phones. Ahhhhh this is nuts...

Zman-iPhone

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
series 7s are better than 5s

My series 7 is so unbelieveably perfect

-LCD PERFECT
-Battery 2.5 days usage, 5 days standby

dude, mine is fuckin great

WolfmanXII

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
California
im sure everyone has atleast one problem with their iPhone. we just gotta kno thats its the initial release so what do u expect. u just got be happy with your purchase and not dwell over an issue that you probably will not notice after a while. i kno your gunna say "well i spent 600 on a phone it better be right" but nothing is perfect. if your gunna keep returning phones like this then just wait for the 2nd generation. i have 3 dead pixels and light leaking. but im sure if i return it another one will be the same if not worse.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
My take on this is that Apple should, on the 3rd return of an iPhone due to these minor issues, tell the person they have two choices: get their money back with no restocking fee or sign a paper explaining that it's the end of the line as far as returns go. The $60 Apple would have to eat is probably less than cracking open another brand-new iPhone.

Just my opinion!

--
Mike

Shirazik

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Irvine, CA
Just wondering, the light leakage doesn't phase me, but what's up with it, why does it do that? Seems that my top right leakage is brighter than all the other four conrners.