6.0.1 Bugs

1. Europa

Europa Genius Senior Moderator

Please list any bugs you're experiencing on 6.0.1. Also, be sure to report them to Apple here to increase the chances of a bug fix in 6.1.

Here are mine:
    1.Three-second delay when answering a phone call on Bluetooth. The caller will not hear anything you say if you start talking before this. If you listen closely you can hear a quiet static sound when audio connection is established and you can begin talking at that point. This happened on 6.0 as well. I'm not sure if it's a 6.x problem or an iPhone 5 problem.

2. Multiple attempts are occasionally required to change a word to the correct spelling when selecting the suggested word.

2. Target

Target Evangelist Gold

3. Stock Apps Crash randomly. Especially the settings. Seems to crash more when the mail app was recently used.
    4. Wifi drops the signal often. Other devices do not. I see the same behavior on my iPhone 4 and iPad 2. As well as my daughter's iPad 2.

(Same issue here with the delay Bluetooth issue. It happens every time with my jawbone.)

Target

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Europa

I'm using a Jawbone as well. Happens every time.

Also, occasionally, you have to force quit the App Store to get an update to go through. This has been confirmed to have been fixed on 6.1.

5. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple Gold

I haven't upgraded to 6.0.1...as usual. I seem to be happy.

6. Bullgod

Bullgod Member Bronze

I dunno if this is an Apple problem or a Facebook problem but I don't get most of my notifications until I click on the FB icon and on the rare occasion that I do get an alert there is no audible alert just a badge with a number on it. I checked my settings and they're turned on. I have set a ringtone for FB but never hear it.
    Also the personal hotspot is hit and miss when it wants to work.

Cent from my iPhone using iCafe app

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bullgod

Bullgod Member Bronze

Also the FB badge will say different # of msgs than are actually there. Like sometimes it will say 4 msgs then when I click on it there is only 1

Cent from my iPhone using iCafe app

8. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor Bronze

My ip5 still doesn't auto sync when charging with iTunes wifi sync enabled, I have to hook up ip5 to laptop to sync. On iOS 601

Sent from my iPhone5using iCafe app

9. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius Gold

I get no audible notification from FB messages on the FB app. That's the way it works, guess they forgot to program a sound for it. If you don't mind getting a separate app for messages only, you can install the FB messenger app. This app will give you an audible notification when you get a message (be sure to enable Sounds for its Notifications).

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/facebook-messenger/id454638411?mt=8

It's not an iOS bug, it's a Facebook app bug...

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

10. Europa

Dropping off of WiFi or not automatically connecting to saved WiFi networks seems to be an ongoing problem. I experienced it on the 4S as well, though not as often.

11. Target

Target Evangelist Gold

I have that issue as well. And sometimes I do or do not have updates. See the pic:

Target

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iCafe app

Attached Files:

12. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius Platinum

The music app flips out...it just keeps changing songs every second and won't play.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

13. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member Bronze

I used the Bose Bluetooth Series 2 with the iPhone 5 running IOS 6 with no problems before it was stolen and now I'm using with the iPhone 4S with IOS 6.0.1 and I don't have any problem with it either. I hope this help.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Europa

#1 suddenly stopped yesterday. It's been consistently happening since I got the iPhone 5 in October. I don't know why it stopped since I didn't do a firmware update on the phone (I've been on 6.1 for weeks) or the headset, but I hope it lasts! It was annoying to have to wait a few seconds before saying hello.