6.1.2 or wait for 6.2?

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by liberated, Feb 20, 2013.

1. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I am JB at 6.1 with no issues, should I restore to 6.1.2 or just ride it out until 6.2?

2. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

Go ahead and update to iOS 6.1.2. iOS 6.2 will most like break the current JB.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I'm waiting. I don't use Exchange, so I'm not going to bother updating.
    You don't need to update to a firmware to save an SHSH for it, so updating isn't necessary to retain jailbreakability for 6.1.2 after the new firmware comes out. He can stay on 6.1 or update to 6.1.2 after 6.2 is released as long as he saves an SHSH for it before 6.2 comes out. Cydia does this automatically, and mine is already showing up, but I like to save it locally as well just to be safe.

4. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I agree but I was hoping I'd get this advise. I do show SHSH for both 6.1 and 6.1.2. I'm staying put! Thanks Europa

5. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

Exchange or not I updated with no issue because it is also supposed to help with a battery drainage issue. Usually if Apple pushes a release, there's a good reason for it but if all is well don't fix what's not broken.

6. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I've had no such battery issue but I agree, in my case it's not broken so I won't fix it :D

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

A battery drain issue that's associated with Exchange. ;) I don't have Exchange setup, so I can't see how it would extend my battery life.

8. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I'm still having a battery drainage issue. It may be due to my video wallpaper, or other Cydia tweaks.

9. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

I use 2 Exchange calendars so 6.1.2 was essential for me.

10. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

I don't think the battery drain issue is related to Exchange but I maybe wrong.

http://mashable.com/2013/02/19/ios-6-1-2-released/

11. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

Well I guess it's all about Exchange so if you aren't using Exchange don't worry about the update ;)

12. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

What about 6.1.1? I would swear that Cydia showed SHSH's for 6.1 and 6.1.1 yesterday, but not for 6.1.2 yet. I just checked and now it shows 6.1 and 6.1.2 but not 6.1.1. TinyUmbrella shows that I have 6.1 and 6.1.1 but not 6.1.2. I don't thing @notcom has updated TU yet though. iSHSHit won't show 6.1.2 either. I'm not in the least concerned, I'm just a little anal about having my SHSH ducks in a row.

13. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

I thought Gmail used the Exchange server. I'm confused.

14. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

6.1.1 is not available for the iPhone 5, only 4S and below I believe.

15. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

You are correct that it is not available for the iPhone 5, and I only thought the 4S.

16. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Well seeing that I've got a 4S, I thought it was relevant. I failed to notice the iPhone 5 designation in the thread title and the OP. ;)

17. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Do me a favor - ditch the video wallpaper and report back. At least try to eliminate the most apparent cause. Two or three years ago a lot of people jumped on the video wallpaper bandwagon and reported massive battery drain.

18. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

True but why ditch it if you like it when you can get a battery case?, true the cases are expensive but that's beside the point :D

19. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I have ditched the video wallpaper and am charging my iPhone now to full charge. I will show the usage tonight.

I have been with Otterbox for several years and I love their Defender cases. :)