6+ hours to charge my iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Munky

Jul 3, 2007
Houston
the first night I got it I ran the batt all the way Down and it charged for 4 hours exactly and was done. Last night, the second time to charge it, it took 6 hours and was still on 90% and the power was never interrupted while charging.

Any suggestions?

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
the first night I got it I ran the batt all the way Down and it charged for 4 hours exactly and was done. Last night, the second time to charge it, it took 6 hours and was still on 90% and the power was never interrupted while charging.

Any suggestions?
Turn off WiFi and Bluetooth? lol

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I'm guessing you were charging through the computer right? DING DING DING (not enough current through there :p)

SCHMEGGA

Jul 2, 2007
I found out quickly that charging through the computer is a whole lot slower than just plugging it straight up. If you use the enclosed wall plug then it doesn't take long at all.

beley

Bronze
Apr 2, 2007
I noticed that as well... plug in to an outlet. I plug into an AC adapter every night now. MUCH quicker.

Munky

Jul 3, 2007
Houston
once again, not new to this game. The phone displays the little plug symbol indicating that it is a full charge, yet the ussage timer has not started even after I unplug it.

And yes I have always charged through the wall except for the 5 minutes it was plugged in to activate it, then another 10 minutes to add my songs.

genexrocket

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
once again, not new to this game. The phone displays the little plug symbol indicating that it is a full charge, yet the ussage timer has not started even after I unplug it.

And yes I have always charged through the wall except for the 5 minutes it was plugged in to activate it, then another 10 minutes to add my songs.
yessss, finally! I thought I was the only one, my usage stats never worked even after charging the phone for 10 hours, and it pretty much takes THAT long to charge completely...any help?

Munky

Jul 3, 2007
Houston
Mine takes awhile to charge as well.. I just try to plug it in each night before going to bed.
Well mine lasted for about 2 days with random Ipod usage, random internet usage and a few phone calls even though it showed it wasn't charged to 100% so I'm not too upset about it.

boylinator

Jul 1, 2007
Well mine lasted for about 2 days with random Ipod usage, random internet usage and a few phone calls even though it showed it wasn't charged to 100% so I'm not too upset about it.
are people just looking at the battery bar and estimating a % remaining, or is there actually a number that is supposed to show up somewhere?
mine is plugged into the wall at night and still isn't fully charged in the morning. i'm using an ipod charger and not the one that came with it. would that make a difference? it's the same thing, isn't it?

J-Sauce

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Plugged into wall its still at least 10 times slower to charge then my sony s710 "star-wars edition" phone.

Awhh i remember that thing. So much fun when it first came out.

That camera was the crap back in the day. I actually kinda miss that thing.

Jul 7, 2007
i spoke with Apple they said that in the next couple of days they will have an update on iTunes that should remedy the usage and battery charging issues. so i guess its software and not the hardware.