6 p.m. laugh?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DanUC6

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
I just watched the keynote and especially the part with 6 p.m. and to me it is a joke. I believe there is no seriousness in it at all. Who says the exact time anyway. It will be out 29th in the morning!

Arrakis

Bronze
May 30, 2007
Steve jobs said, "it comes out at 6:00 in the evening, I THINK"
So not certain, hopefully it will be eastern that way it will be 3:00 my time :p.
But Apple is pacific, so a 9:00 p.m. realse east coast? I don't think so.

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
I just watched the keynote and especially the part with 6 p.m. and to me it is a joke. I believe there is no seriousness in it at all. Who says the exact time anyway. It will be out 29th in the morning!

I just watched it. A few guys in the crowd thought it was a joke but jobs seemed to be serious to me.

Also another guy called an Apple store (in another thread) and one of the workers at the store confirmed the 6pm release.

Its pretty obvious Apple is pulling out all the stops to get this out in june like they originally said they would. If that means shipping in the early morning, receiving at the stores in the afternoon and selling it in the evening all on the last businesss day of june, that's what they are gonna do.

DanUC6

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
Setting a time is just bogus and I think it was just another of Steve Job's feelers he throws out there. What was the last product ever that had a time set other than when they opened?

DanUC6

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
Could not agree more col. That thing will be in my hands on my couch at 6 p.m. I guess that is what Steve Jobs said about "shipping".

May 6, 2007
United States
I don't know. I called my local Cingular store, and they said that they would start selling it at 6 P.M. So I am guessing this was not a joke. And Steve said it would be in stores at 6 P.M., I think, not that they would be shipped at 6 P.M. I guess I will go with this for now and line up at noon.

Jun 5, 2007
i don't think AT&T stores would know yet...its not like they were tuned in listening to the audio feed while they were working (most of them don't even know when the iPhone is coming out)

lasquintanas

Bronze
May 21, 2007
So i called around as well. I called the local Apple store and the local corporate AT&T store and got the same answer from both--"we don't know."

It's still early. I guarantee you that we know more than most employees. Man, if only i were interested in my job as much as i'm interested in their jobs.

khunlyon

Bronze
Apr 2, 2007
I heard from a mac genius that they already have several units of the iPhone in stock and some of the mac geniuses have had a chance to play with them...I hope this is true and doubt they will wait till 6pm to sell them...