6 p.m. laugh?

Arrakis

Bronze
May 30, 2007
Honestly this is a bad way to "sell" it. They know people will be calling in every second asking about anything muttered about the iPhone. And yes they will most likely say they don't know(lol yeah ok), or give you false info.So I wouldn't believe it until there is an actual set in stone confirmation from the site, or physically at an At&t/Apple store. Who relases a time, and when has a product ever been realsed in the afternoon? Not many. So I would say morning. How will they put it out to buy at 6:00? Gonna be hard. They will most likely ship on the 28th. Plus they anticipate the wait. They should be mass producing these right at this moment to meet the beginning demand. What are they gonna add to the mass of them?

So either Apple is evil and mean and are making us wait till 6:00, so they can laugh,or there toying with us, making it more wanted. Or there serious, but given the information above,I think it was a joke. (besides Job's was kinda "off" ad the crowd chukcled so yeah).

iWant iPhone

Bronze
Jun 9, 2007
my buddy was saying that most AT&T stores close at 7, so what are they gonna just sell for an hour? or stay open late?

i really doubt this 6 pm release, i think it was misinterpreted.

DiscoJoey

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
i really need to know if this 6pm crap is a joke. because if it is im sleeping ouside my local Apple store, if not im getting there at opening and staying all day.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
Yeah, I'm stumped on this 6 pm release thing. Here's the only thing I think could be going on...

Steve and his person in charge of the software for the iPhone are in a meeting shortly before the keynote. They say to him, "Steve, I REALLY don't think we're going to make the release date for the morning of June 29. We have this problem and that problem....etc."

Steve says, "There's no other option. You have to be ready! Everything hinges on this release. The whole world is expecting it."

The tech person goes on to list numerous reasons why this is really pushing beyond the envelope of what is humanly possible adding in, "...to release on the morning of the 29th is all but impossible."

To which Steve retorts, "Okay, then, you have until 6pm on the 29th but that's it. BE READY!"

josec99

Jun 8, 2007
The new Get ready for Apple iPhone e-mails.

Apple and ATT both sent out the same e-mail stating that they are coming out on the 29th. What's interesting though is that they have an image in the e-mail of the calendar on the iPhone. I tried to save the image and zoom in but the quality is not that great. The date on the phone is June 29th, still trying to see what time is showing... something like 8 or 9:40 something AM? Mabye 9:42 AM, same time they have been using in all their marketing recently.

The interesting thing is that for that day, it has 2 alerts input on the calendar. the first one is "Pick up iPhone" with a time.... maybe 6pm? Then it says "Call mom" with another time... maybe 7pm? Anyone else saw this?

DanUC6

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
Today I went to the local mall here in Central CT and stopped by the AT&T store and Apple store. This is what I got...

@ APPLE:
Me: So whats up with this 6 p.m. thing?
Apple Rep: Where did you hear that rumor? (nough said)

@ AT&T:
Me: So whats up with 6 p.m.?
AT&T Rep: We should have them the night before and sell them first thing in the morning. If not then our shipment comes in at 3 that day so we will start shipping them then.

Ha go figure!

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
If you wait an go get in line for the 6 PM release of the iPhone, I'll have already had all my contacts, appointments, photos, and music on mine for about 5 hours. 6 PM was just a joke people.

hmlaa

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
If you wait an go get in line for the 6 PM release of the iPhone, I'll have already had all my contacts, appointments, photos, and music on mine for about 5 hours. 6 PM was just a joke people.
thank you for clarifying! but these days i can desipher what is a joke and what is isn't. if its not as oblivious...

ahactor

Bronze
Apr 4, 2007
Hickland, OH
Well boys and girls, we will have to see! Wasn't it just a few weeks ago we were all a flutter over the release date? Time will tell, guys. Personally, I think it was a joke. He was smirking after he said it. I would have to agree with Col's "poor attempt at humor" statement. Haha....

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
How is this a joke? They are going to make a event out of this. They launched Tiger on a friday in the night time as well. don't know why people think this a joke.
He paused and threw that out on a whim. It wasn't on the screen with the date or anything. They may make it an event at the Apple stores, but if they wait until 6PM to start selling then that only give At&t stores one hour of sales because they close at 7 PM. Plus, the At&t stores would be packed all day with iPhone buyers waiting for 6 PM. Their neighbors businessses would be blocked off and their neighbors parking would be filled ALL DaY. It won't happen.

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
He paused and threw that out on a whim. It wasn't on the screen with the date or anything. They may make it an event at the Apple stores, but if they wait until 6PM to start selling then that only give At&t stores one hour of sales because they close at 7 PM. Plus, the At&t stores would be packed all day with iPhone buyers waiting for 6 PM. Their neighbors businessses would be blocked off and their neighbors parking would be filled ALL DaY. It won't happen.
I just find it to be true because of their past history and the fact that it was in the pic from the email today.

everythingiphone123

Jun 5, 2007
i say who cares about what TIME we can buy it at opposed to all the other information we lack, such as pricing (upgrades, data plans) and all the jazz

ahactor

Bronze
Apr 4, 2007
Hickland, OH
How can you see him smirk if the camera is panned out?
If you look really closely (I rewound and looked 6 times after the initial time), you can kinda see his face crease and then uncrease when he starts talking again = smiling/ smirking. At least that is what it looks like.