64 GB or 128 GB?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by reginaalear, Nov 14, 2015.

1. reginaalear

reginaalear Member
    Bronze

I plan to get the new 6s plus but not sure if I should get the 128 GB like I have now in the 6 plus or if I should go down to the 64 GB. I have used 33 GB so far on my 6 plus. Just looking for opinions. What did you all get in the 6s Plus?

2. Bojan

Bojan New Member

128gb

Sent from my iPhone using the Force alone.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I got 128 GB 6s because of the 12 MP camera and 4K video recording.

image.jpeg

4. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Although I will wait until the iPhone 7 or 7s to upgrade from my 6, I will also go to the 128GB version for the same reasons and also because I keep a lot of music on my phone.

5. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

By the time the 7s comes out, we may have another option: 256 GB.

6. reginaalear

reginaalear Member
    Bronze

I was thinking about just waiting for the 7. I have the 6 plus right now in 128 gb. I can't really decide if I'm going to wait or not. Is it really worth upgrading or should I just wait?

7. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

128GB.

1. Better for resale value.
    2. Future-proofs your phone for when you start using your camera more than you ever thought you would (like me).

8. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

It all depends on you and your use..

Force touch on the 6s is nice but I don't use it very often. I do see a major difference in multi tasking as the 6s has twice the RAM as the 6 does.

As far as 64 or 128 goes? I have the 64 and for me, it's overkill so really the only person who can answer that question is you. Overkill is better than potentially running out of space however..

9. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

64 is plenty for me. I don't keep a ton of music or movies. I have my videos set for 720p HD. It takes a lot less space and the quality is fine for everyday videos. Even 1080p takes a huge amount of space. I took 5 four minute videos in 1080p and they took over 3 gb of storage space. I published them to YouTube and deleted from the camera roll.

10. RBNetEngr

RBNetEngr Contributor
    Bronze

I went from a 32GB 4iphone S to a 128GB iPhone 6. I wasn't able to put all of my music on the 4S, and would run out of space when shooting lots of photos or videos.

When I switched to the iPhone 6, I was able to put all of my music on it, and still have 60GB free. Now, after a year, and lots of photos and videos, I have 47GB free.

For $100, I think the 128GB is a wise choice. And, as Europa and others have said, it provides lots of space for photos and videos, especially if you start recording in 4K resolution.

11. BBCydniRocks

BBCydniRocks New Member

I went with the 128g and so glad that I did. I find myself taking more photos and videos knowing that I'm not gonna have to transfer them off like I had to even on my 64g 6+

12. igadgetlady

igadgetlady Member
    Bronze

I went with the 128GB so I don't have to worry too much about storage. I also went from the 6 to the 6s Plus and now I don't know if I can ever go back....;)

13. Mthoroughbred

Mthoroughbred Contributor
    Silver

I went with the 64gb. I don't use the 4K format yet cause I don't have a screen that supports 4K. And it's kind of pointless keeping videos in 4K if the phone's screen doesn't support that resolution.

14. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

I've got a 128. I'm a podcast junkie and no longer have "unlimited" data, so the 128 gives me more freedom/room to play around with.

15. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I got the 128 GB but didn't have any 4K screens, which justified my decision to get 4K TV last month. It worked out great. :D

16. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Why, yes it did. :D

17. Allan knight

Allan knight Member
    Bronze

I'm getting the 128 GB Space grey. Life proof Fré case. I've had this 5 s for over 2 years now. I'm excited to see how much better it is .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. Connie Green

Connie Green New Member

64GB is enough for me.