$650.00 In Usage Charges

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
So I had a texting crisis earlier where my Unlimited plan didn't stick and I went over my texts by 200. But thats nothing.

I just chekced my Online account, and under MY number I have approximately $650.00 in Data usage charges (but the iPhone data is UNLIMITED!)

That isn't good. Any ideas?

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Haha well if you had Verizon they'd take care of you, I can testify to this, but with AT&T who knows. I'm new with them for this amazing iPhone...

Jeff

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
So I had a texting crisis earlier where my Unlimited plan didn't stick and I went over my texts by 200. But thats nothing.

I just chekced my Online account, and under MY number I have approximately $650.00 in Data usage charges (but the iPhone data is UNLIMITED!)

Call AT&T and report this. You should get credit for the data usage. Tell them you have an iPhone and are supposed to be on the unlimited plan. Some bozo must have input the wrong code, or left out the unlimited data code. If you have unlimited text msgs, you should get credit for that too. Scream if you have too :)

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
I'm waiting to go to the store because i think it would be best. I think they didn't add the unlimited plan properly despite the fact my account DOES say unlimited

neo

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
murf, Tn
Did you do unlimited text? your previous data plan doesn't carry over just the voice plan. You had to do a new data plan during activation. If you didn't do unlimited then you may have to pay it all. I went over one time in voice minutes i had added the early nights (after 7) but somehow they took it off i ended up with a 1,000 dollar bill :eek: I called and spoke with them and cleared things up and it was cut almost in half. So definitely talk with them

Lurk

Jul 17, 2007
Did you do unlimited text? your previous data plan doesn't carry over just the voice plan. You had to do a new data plan during activation. If you didn't do unlimited then you may have to pay it all. I went over one time in voice minutes i had added the early nights (after 7) but somehow they took it off i ended up with a 1,000 dollar bill :eek: I called and spoke with them and cleared things up and it was cut almost in half. So definitely talk with them
That shouldn't matter. He has a $650 charge in data costs - if you remember, the iPhone requires a plan that has unlimited data. So he shouldn't have any data charges.

Remember, texting and data are two different things. Going over by 200 text messages would only be a $30 charge. But he's talking about a data charge, not a texting charge.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines

O my God dude I am so sorry. I'd go off the grid if I saw that. Jeez, maybe I'll go check my account now. Last I saw it said $o.oo. hmm....

neo

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
murf, Tn
That shouldn't matter. He has a $650 charge in data costs - if you remember, the iPhone requires a plan that has unlimited data. So he shouldn't have any data charges.

Remember, texting and data are two different things. Going over by 200 text messages would only be a $30 charge. But he's talking about a data charge, not a texting charge.

Oh .. Well never mind about what I said then....my bad

stiphone

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
Tucson, Arizona

AT&T is common for this. My friends and I were existing AT&T customers and they always screw up our bills. Just have to call them and clarify everything. It's either a system error or someone put in a wrong code for your account. I wouldn't worry too much about it. This is AT&T!

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Ok UPDATE everyone. I just opened my paper bill up and these charges are BEFORE the iPhone (scarily June 13), and are internet charges I never actually did. Some are at 4 in the morning! Heres the question - will AT&T believe I didn't do these?

:mad:

phiberglass

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Ok UPDATE everyone. I just opened my paper bill up and these charges are BEFORE the iPhone (scarily June 13), and are internet charges I never actually did. Some are at 4 in the morning! Heres the question - will AT&T believe I didn't do these?

:mad:
Same thing happened to me, all the charges continued throuhg the whole day and at night, I was like wtf i'm not even awake at those times. So i called at and t and explained to them that i had no idea what this is and they took it off.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
It would *not* be best to go to the store. lol
Just call them, they'll fix it. I've had my bill adjusted AFTER the fact, dozens of times.
These were times when *I* effed up, not them. lol

pharoh

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
I'm waiting to go to the store because i think it would be best. I think they didn't add the unlimited plan properly despite the fact my account DOES say unlimited
Read the small print....Unlimited only applies during normal working hours....

Bosco115

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
That's nothing. Years ago, I got a bill from the telephone (landline) company. $1800, and there were thousands of calls to one number. I was confused, and soon realized it was my AOL dialup access number. I called the phone company, told them the situation, and they dropped the charges.