6PM Waiting Time

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

vtecryder00

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
So I went to the Cingular/ATT (storeS) and ask the mananger about the whole 6pm rumor.The first store told me that he haven't even heard of anything like that. He will sell the phones rite when the store opens on the 29th. Another store told me that they have heard about the 6pm from another person before, but still don't think nothing of it. So is it really 6pm on the 29th or first thing in the morning?

Let me hear your opinions or facts about this. Thanks for the input and knowledge...

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
That doesn't make...

iPhone Release Now 6pm On June 29th
Steve Jobs, Apple CEO, announced the iPhone release date and time today at the WWDC (Worldwide Developers Conference).
Previously confirmed for a June 29th release, Jobs indicated that it will actually ship at 6pm. Apple has yet to provide specifics on whether the 6pm release will cover all time zones across the US or if it is 6pm PST. Details should become available in the next few days. Stay tuned!

Last edited by a moderator:

tompayne

Bronze
Apr 12, 2007
i believe that the word "ship" is literal. not all stores stay open past 6:00. We have two corporate stores here and one closes at 6:00 the other at 7:00. i'd like to say i'll just wait till they come in, but im sure the moment the Apple servers come back up after the initial crash, ill buy one online on the 29th.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
i believe that the word "ship" is literal. not all stores stay open past 6:00. We have two corporate stores here and one closes at 6:00 the other at 7:00. i'd like to say i'll just wait till they come in, but im sure the moment the Apple servers come back up after the initial crash, ill buy one online on the 29th.
yeah tom i think i'm with you on that...the company i'm contracted with has employee discount on phones, so prayerfully i'll get the iPhone at a discounted price...membership definitely has its privleges and advantages...

Superfreaknduper

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
oh you suckers on the west coast then. . . Although in another thread on here, it was questionable even WHICH At&T stores would be carrying them, as not all the AT&T outlets would have them...so no we are gambling on time to go to the store, and which store.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Several of these points have already been hashed out in other threads. Here's a recap:
  • it is 6pm local time
  • Apple stores and att corporate stores (roughly 2000 total)
  • Apple stores will stay open later than normal, att stores may as well
  • there is nothing untraditional about 6pm friday release

mrmacbook

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
The 6 PM time is NOT a rumor. Apple has done this before with the release of OSs and iPods. Steve Jobs said 6 PM in his keynote at WWDC the other day.

tompayne

Bronze
Apr 12, 2007
macrumors.com released a directive from At&t yesterday that the iPhone wasn't to go on sale until 6 PM local time. That means the east coast stores will be selling them three hours before the west coast.

i also read that article, but again, one of the stores here closes at 6:00...and the other at 7:00. i know, im not counting out extended hours, ive just never seen them forced on a retailer. i wish the AT&T stores had consistant info...we're not that far away from release.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
i also read that article, but again, one of the stores here closes at 6:00...and the other at 7:00. i know, im not counting out extended hours, ive just never seen them forced on a retailer. i wish the AT&T stores had consistant info...we're not that far away from release.
I agree that it is strange, but if macrumors is correct about the directive, then you'll see some iPHone release events and extended hours. That's all I can figure.

DanUC6

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
I am now changing what I said before and I do believe that AT&T will sell at 6 p.m. The stores seem to all know about this information now and will probably be open later. This stinks!

stuart9682

Bronze
May 29, 2007
i am a Technical Support agent for iPhone. I was just told to prepare for the calls to begin coming in at 6PM pacific time on June 29th, so... chew on that i suppose..