6s Live Wallpapers

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Gorgeous! I wonder how they're going to loop these? The end point of the animation does not take us back to how it looks in the beginning. Will they just run in reverse to get back to the beginning point?

So… live wallpapers are .mp4 files. Or maybe .mp4 only for purposes of this demonstration?

How do I save them?
You don't—at least as far as I'm aware. You need an iPhone 6s/6s Plus for live wallpapers. And those phones will [theoretically] include these wallpapers.

OP, how did you stumble upon these, if I might ask?

Last edited:

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Just thinking out loud here, but I wonder if Live Wallpapers are going to be battery hogs. If they turn out to be that way, then they might become just another feature that is fun and cool to use for the first couple of days, but then they get permanently turned off.

I suppose we will find out soon enough.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Just thinking out loud here, but I wonder if Live Wallpapers are going to be battery hogs. If they turn out to be that way, then they might become just another feature that is fun and cool to use for the first couple of days, but then they get permanently turned off.

I suppose we will find out soon enough.
I've used live wallpapers in the past on jailbroken iPhones and didn't notice any increased battery drain. We've also had dynamic wallpapers from Apple for a couple years and they don't make a noticeable difference in my experience, either.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I've used live wallpapers in the past on jailbroken iPhones and didn't notice any increased battery drain. We've also had dynamic wallpapers from Apple for a couple years and they don't make a noticeable difference in my experience, either.
That's great to hear. If that was your experience on the A8 or prior CPUs, it can only get better now with the A9 and 2 GB of RAM.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Also, it's not like they will run non stop. They'll just be viewed for short moments at a time.
Longer periods won't be a problem, either. It's like watching a video that's stored on the phone (not streaming). It's not a very battery-intense process, much less than Safari or Facebook. It's barely more than having the auto-lock off and the screen lit up.