6s plus accelerometer issue

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

radtechy01

Bronze
Jun 1, 2015
I'm having a problem that the phone is getting confused when changing orientations it gets stuck and sometimes also the homescreen will be right and my keyboard will be sideways still

radtechy01

Bronze
Jun 1, 2015
That's what I always did with my other iPhones but this is my first plus and I love the option for the landscape home screen and looking at pics

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I'm having a problem that the phone is getting confused when changing orientations it gets stuck and sometimes also the homescreen will be right and my keyboard will be sideways still
Someone elsewhere on the Internet said that calibrating the compass worked for them. I realize that your iPhone is a 6s Plus and the suggestion I'm about to share with you was for the 6 Plus, but you never know…

Screen Shot 2015-10-12 at 6.34.15 PM.png

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I did it once, dude. You make a living at it and I end up fixing a lot of them.
Maybe you are doing it using some kind of stealth mode, because I don't remember the last time I saw "Last edited: xx minutes ago by a Moderator" on one of my posts.

What you have fixed for me is a few of my own thread titles that I remember asking you to fix.

But whatever, I'm not keeping a scorecard, so maybe you are right. Not a big deal for me if I'm wrong.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Maybe you are doing it using some kind of stealth mode, because I don't remember the last time I saw "Last edited: xx minutes ago by a Moderator" on one of my posts.

What you have fixed for me is a few of my own thread titles that I remember asking you to fix.

But whatever, I'm not keeping a scorecard, so maybe you are right. Not a big deal for me if I'm wrong.
I always use stealth mode. :)

Screen Shot 2015-10-12 at 8.20.55 PM.png

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
It seems a little better. But the iOS 9 on this phone is a little draggy compared to my 6 and this being a new device
Have you checked your battery usage to see if any apps have excessive background activity going on… like Facebook, for example? This coule be hogging resources.

Also, some people find that the phone appears to run faster if Reduce Motion is turned on. YMMV.

radtechy01

Bronze
Jun 1, 2015
Reduce motion is on. There is some Facebook background use but it doesn't seem like the percentage of that should cause an issue