6s Plus yellow tint.

Nov 8, 2014
Anyone notice a yellow tint on your screen? I've compared my white screens to others iPhone owners and my brand new 6s Plus has a noticeable yellowish screen tinting.

Anyone notice that?

jafundy

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Nope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I wouldn't wait too long before taking it in to an Apple Store. There shouldn't be any yellow tint. Did the folks with whose screens you compared yours agree with your assessment?

Nov 8, 2014
I wouldn't wait too long before taking it in to an Apple Store. There shouldn't be any yellow tint. Did the folks with whose screens you compared yours agree with your assessment?
They do. There's an extensive thread on another forum of people claiming the same issue with their new iPhones.

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
Doubt it'll help but have you checked Settings/general/accessibility/increase contrast? There's a reduce white point setting there.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Here's an interesting thread: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7240633

And an interesting post within that thread:

View attachment 43124

YMMV. I haven't yet received mine so I cannot share my experiences yet.
I don't buy it. Why would apple choose a different color temperature setting for one model iPhone, but not others? Makes no sense, especially for a company so focused on user experience.

Furthermore, those numbers he posted don't sound right to me. 6500k is pretty standard white on most computer screens. 9500k would be EXTREMELY blue. there's no way iPhone 6's (plural) are anywhere close to that.

A more likely scenario in my opinion is that the screen manufacturing on these new phones isn't 100% yet and a few warmer screens got through QA.

Also, this issue has happened with new iPhones in the past (the 3GS comes to mind if I recall correctly), and it was attributed to the screens then as well.

Last edited:

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Wasn't there a issue years ago with this? Seems like it burned off after a week or so. It was a coating they had put on the display during the manufacturing process.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I'm seeing Google results with "yellow tint iPhone" for almost every year after 2010. I don't want to think about it too much. I might jinx myself.

May 24, 2016
Drag your finger up to expose box with airplane mode, wifi, alarm, etc.. There's a sun symbol. Click it and it will say "night shift mode off" and the yellow screen will be back to normal. Turn it on and it will become dull yellow again.

You're welcome:)

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Drag your finger up to expose box with airplane mode, wifi, alarm, etc.. There's a sun symbol. Click it and it will say "night shift mode off" and the yellow screen will be back to normal. Turn it on and it will become dull yellow again.

You're welcome:)
This is another issue entirely.

May 24, 2016
Well hopefully everyone's complaint about a yellow screen is as simple as what I described. My baby plays with my cell. I've been in a panic thinking my new cell was dying. And then I watched her drag the box up and click it. The pee yellow screen turned bright white again. But I do know some people are complaining that corners of their cells are turning yellow. That is odd. And I hope everyone gets their answer and the fix.

Thank you

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Well hopefully everyone's complaint about a yellow screen is as simple as what I described. My baby plays with my cell. I've been in a panic thinking my new cell was dying. And then I watched her drag the box up and click it. The pee yellow screen turned bright white again. But I do know some people are complaining that corners of their cells are turning yellow. That is odd. And I hope everyone gets their answer and the fix.

Thank you
It's not.

Night Shift was activated on your phone and your baby toggled it off through Control Center.

Night Shift is a new feature that helps prevent people from having difficulty falling asleep due to the blue light iPhone typically emits. This is an old thread that is unrelated to this new software feature. The default screen color (with Night Shift off) has changed over the years. For example, when you compare an iPhone 4s to an iPhone 6s, you will notice a difference in the color temperature. It looks more yellow.

Joey

Oct 1, 2016
Anyone notice a yellow tint on your screen? I've compared my white screens to others iPhone owners and my brand new 6s Plus has a noticeable yellowish screen tinting.

Anyone notice that?
Did you ever get this resolved? I just bought a 6s Plus, and there is a discernible difference in the screen between this phone and the 6. The 6s Plus screen is dull with a slight yellowish tint (that has nothing to do with any night shift mode). For such an expensive phone, I'm very disappointed. I'm thinking of bringing it in to the Apple Store to have someone look at it.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Did you ever get this resolved? I just bought a 6s Plus, and there is a discernible difference in the screen between this phone and the 6. The 6s Plus screen is dull with a slight yellowish tint (that has nothing to do with any night shift mode). For such an expensive phone, I'm very disappointed. I'm thinking of bringing it in to the Apple Store to have someone look at it.
If it's on iOS 10, try going to Settings > General > Accessibility > Display Accommodations > Color filters
The issue may be in color filters.

Joey

Oct 1, 2016
If it's on iOS 10, try going to Settings > General > Accessibility > Display Accommodations > Color filters
The issue may be in color filters.
You are correct! It was exactly that. I figured it out shortly after I posted my comment. Thanks for your reply!