6s Plus yellow tint.

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by Superevangelist, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Superevangelist

Bronze

Anyone notice a yellow tint on your screen? I've compared my white screens to others iPhone owners and my brand new 6s Plus has a noticeable yellowish screen tinting.

Anyone notice that?

2. jafundy

jafundy Member
    Bronze

Nope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I wouldn't wait too long before taking it in to an Apple Store. There shouldn't be any yellow tint. Did the folks with whose screens you compared yours agree with your assessment?

4. Superevangelist

Bronze

They do. There's an extensive thread on another forum of people claiming the same issue with their new iPhones.

5. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

6. Superevangelist

Bronze

7. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

8. Superevangelist

Bronze

9. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

Doubt it'll help but have you checked Settings/general/accessibility/increase contrast? There's a reduce white point setting there.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

I don't buy it. Why would apple choose a different color temperature setting for one model iPhone, but not others? Makes no sense, especially for a company so focused on user experience.

Furthermore, those numbers he posted don't sound right to me. 6500k is pretty standard white on most computer screens. 9500k would be EXTREMELY blue. there's no way iPhone 6's (plural) are anywhere close to that.

A more likely scenario in my opinion is that the screen manufacturing on these new phones isn't 100% yet and a few warmer screens got through QA.

Also, this issue has happened with new iPhones in the past (the 3GS comes to mind if I recall correctly), and it was attributed to the screens then as well.

#10 acosmichippo, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  11. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

Wasn't there a issue years ago with this? Seems like it burned off after a week or so. It was a coating they had put on the display during the manufacturing process.

12. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I'm seeing Google results with "yellow tint iPhone" for almost every year after 2010. I don't want to think about it too much. I might jinx myself.

13. Nikkirodriguez

Nikkirodriguez New Member

Drag your finger up to expose box with airplane mode, wifi, alarm, etc.. There's a sun symbol. Click it and it will say "night shift mode off" and the yellow screen will be back to normal. Turn it on and it will become dull yellow again.

You're welcome:)

14. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

This is another issue entirely.

15. Nikkirodriguez

Nikkirodriguez New Member

Well hopefully everyone's complaint about a yellow screen is as simple as what I described. My baby plays with my cell. I've been in a panic thinking my new cell was dying. And then I watched her drag the box up and click it. The pee yellow screen turned bright white again. But I do know some people are complaining that corners of their cells are turning yellow. That is odd. And I hope everyone gets their answer and the fix.

Thank you

16. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It's not.

Night Shift was activated on your phone and your baby toggled it off through Control Center.

Night Shift is a new feature that helps prevent people from having difficulty falling asleep due to the blue light iPhone typically emits. This is an old thread that is unrelated to this new software feature. The default screen color (with Night Shift off) has changed over the years. For example, when you compare an iPhone 4s to an iPhone 6s, you will notice a difference in the color temperature. It looks more yellow.

17. Joey

Joey New Member

Did you ever get this resolved? I just bought a 6s Plus, and there is a discernible difference in the screen between this phone and the 6. The 6s Plus screen is dull with a slight yellowish tint (that has nothing to do with any night shift mode). For such an expensive phone, I'm very disappointed. I'm thinking of bringing it in to the Apple Store to have someone look at it.

18. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

If it's on iOS 10, try going to Settings > General > Accessibility > Display Accommodations > Color filters
    The issue may be in color filters.

19. Joey

Joey New Member

You are correct! It was exactly that. I figured it out shortly after I posted my comment. Thanks for your reply!