6th generation iPod nano

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Ok, so shuffle meets iPod nano?

I'm sure this thing will be pretty slick, but at what point does Apple start worrying about people who enjoy music in sums greater than 16GB. Sure there is the iPod touch, but for me that's no different than my iPhone. I prefer a music only device. Right now, the only options are the lower capacity nano and the ultra retro classic.

More iPods to appeal to the generation of singles buyers. :(

Apple fan

May 31, 2010
Lutz, FL
Hey chris. I'm not liking that whole nano/ shuffle thing. Not everything needs a touchscreen. Especially one so small that you put your thumb over it and it covers the screen.

P.S there should be a chris sub-forum. You press chris and you see all of his posts or topics.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I will stay with my 3rd Gen Nano. I still get a lot of use out of it and suits my purpose just fine. With the iPhone 4 I just don't need another Apple iPod. I'm sure it will be a beautiful little device for those who are in the market for a small, streamlined iPod.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
For me, maybe just so surrounded by the iPhone at all times, that I want a dedicated device for music. I have a Nano and it's certainly good, but I'd love to see a spin on the classic. Music only device, but a premium product. A solid 64GB device where music (and video) is it's primary focus.

Apple clearly wants iOS on all devices where possible. I see how that makes sense for most. If you don't own an iPhone, then an iPod touch is the next best thing. With a gazillion apps, it's a major selling point versus say a Zune HD (which now fills the role as my primary music player).

iTim

Bronze
Mar 21, 2010
Los Angeles, Ca
Looks like the nano loses video capability. That's a shame. I'll stick with my nano with video

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Hate to say it, but I really think Apple blew it with this one. 5th generation was a winner in my opinion. Nice tall screen (as steve mentioned) it had a camera, video support, good form factor, it was pretty much all there. Apple has an obsession with making things smaller and taking away the buttons.. went too far this time, in my opinion.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I like the overall concept of a touch screen and eliminating the buttons. I think Apple should have stayed with a widescreen and video. I guess they wanted to move all those features over to the iPod Touch. As it is, I don't see a whole lot of difference now between the nano and the shuffle, other than the touch screen.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Was it me, or did it seem difficult to navigate songs. It looks like Jobs was content stopping anywhere, since it was demo time. In the real world, I cannot see myself navigating the new Nano at say the gym or in my car.

imotionb18

Bronze
Jun 15, 2010
Houston, Tx
I think the new nano would be perfect for working out. I would get one if it was bluetooth capable.

stil29

Bronze
Jul 28, 2008
Hey I just put a bodyguardz on my new 6th gen nano. My question is can you turn the nano off? I can't see how so when I get up in the am I will have to charge it again that just isn't right.

Attachments

S

Sarah Hastings

I think as it is a touch screen, it must be done by holding the screen.

Summertop511

Bronze
Jul 3, 2010
I love my Lil nano and so does everyone that sees it. The only down fall it not being able to shut it off. For me not having video is fine I got my iPhone 4 that shoots hi def. I just like how it goes in my pocket or anywhere at that matter and it isn't noticeable.