7.5 All Podcasts Deleted?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Jeez, I installed 7.5 in the wee hours of the morning. No problems. This morning I dock my laptop, and this first hiccup is some error message indicating some missing disk. After cancelling the message, I don't know, like 30 times, it goes away and begins to sync the music library I keep on my external hard drive. No problem. Now, I plug in the iPhone to sync for the day and it goes about it's businesss as usual - until...

After syncing for a minute or two, a message pops up saying it can't sync the selected podcasts because they no longer exist. Huh? Sure enough, they are no longer in iTunes OR in my iPhone!

Be careful with your podcasts people! Apparently 7.5 doesn't like them!

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
UPDATE -
Ok, luckily, I made a "Podcast" playlist for my iPhone. It still exists in iTunes, but all my podcasts in the main menu have been deleted - as well as the subscriptions. It appears that if I hadn't made a specific playlist, they'd all be gone. As it stands, I still lost several dozen. I can open my iPhone podcast list and re-copy them BACK to the main menu, but STILL BE CAREFUL...

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
Hmmm hmmm hmmm. Lol, my paranoia is paying off...

If there is one thing I've learned since June, it's to not trust anything that Apple hands you for free. So when I saw that update, I said nahhhh.

Podcasts are all I get through iTunes and I have over 10Gigs of them.

Logically follows from previous behavior that Apple would not support something that doesn't make them money (podcasts). First indication was that they weren't included in the direct download version of iTunes.

Stupid, stupid Apple.