$70 a month?

Webby

Jun 5, 2008
In the news they said the cost of the iPhone would be $70 a month? Truth? Anyone else see it?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
the data plan for the 3G iPhone will go up $10/mo and no longer includes 200 texts (that would be another $5/mo)

So the $40 minimum voice plan plus the $30 data plan would make it $70/mo

Eric Johnson

Bronze
May 12, 2008
Its going to be $10 more than you're paying now. The $10 extra is the data plan. It's normaly $20, now it is $30. This is because the 3G.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
$40 voice plan+ $30 data plan+$5 for txt.msg.(if you want them)=$75 + taxes=$86-$87 a month.
The $70 plan turns out to be about $81-$82 a month.

nealh

Contributor
Silver
Apr 3, 2008
wow..no free txt...jeez this plan is like blackberry....

Eric Johnson

Bronze
May 12, 2008
Wait! Did you just say '$5 text?' Is that unlimited texting?!

Eric Johnson

Bronze
May 12, 2008
See post #5 in this thread.
The $39.95 minutes plan is the cheapest and includes 450/min.
Yeah, thats what i have now. I usually just text, and use the data plan. Also, i'm not sure i asked this question but when buying applications via App store, does it bill you through your account and show up on your statement for the monthly bill? Thanks!:laugh2:

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Yeah, thats what i have now. I usually just text, and use the data plan. Also, i'm not sure i asked this question but when buying applications via App store, does it bill you through your account and show up on your statement for the monthly bill? Thanks!:laugh2:
No, this will have nothing to do with ATT. Apps will be purchased thur iTunes and charged to that account.

Eric Johnson

Bronze
May 12, 2008
No, this will have nothing to do with ATT. Apps will be purchased thur iTunes and charged to that account.
How will this be? The app store is on the iPhone itself. So would you have to like plug the USB cable in every time to buy an app?

I watched steve's keynote, he didn't say anything concerning this topic btw. So i appreciate your help.:)

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
How will this be? The app store is on the iPhone itself. So would you have to like plug the USB cable in every time to buy an app?

I watched steve's keynote, he didn't say anything concerning this topic btw. So i appreciate your help.:)
Any app that is 10mb or less can be bought over the phone if you want to. Apps >10mb have to be purchased through iTunes in which a usb cable would be needed.
Either way you do it, it is charged to your iTunes account.

Eric Johnson

Bronze
May 12, 2008
Any app that is 10mb or less can be bought over the phone if you want to. Apps >10mb have to be purchased through iTunes in which a usb cable would be needed.
Either way you do it, it is charged to your iTunes account.
Ok. That is all i needed to know. Instead of making a new thread, I have another question concerning the iPhone. :sick:

I don't want to get rid of my 'old' iPhone. So i was planning to just buy the new one, and just sorta' 'overwrite' the original iPhone. Like how when you first activated the iPhone, it took over your old phone, and old number. So is that possible to do? Thanks in advance!:laugh2:

Also, any work if they are taking reserves for the 3G? Once again, thanks!:laugh2:

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Ok. That is all i needed to know. Instead of making a new thread, I have another question concerning the iPhone. :sick:

I don't want to get rid of my 'old' iPhone. So i was planning to just buy the new one, and just sorta' 'overwrite' the original iPhone. Like how when you first activated the iPhone, it took over your old phone, and old number. So is that possible to do? Thanks in advance!:laugh2:

Also, any work if they are taking reserves for the 3G? Once again, thanks!:laugh2:
If I understand you right, yes you can keep your existing phone #. If you are asking can you take the sim from the new iPhone and put it in the old phone, I don't know. You could do this with the V1 phone, but I don't know about the new phone.

Have not heard as of yet being able to reserve a phone.