$70 a month?

Eric Johnson

Bronze
May 12, 2008
If I understand you right, yes you can keep your existing phone #. If you are asking can you take the sim from the new iPhone and put it in the old phone, I don't know. You could do this with the V1 phone, but I don't know about the new phone.

Have not heard as of yet being able to reserve a phone.
I know i'll keep my exisiting #, but i also want to keep the V1 phone. Another thing, what are you talking about with sim cards? I just wanted to activate the 3G and use that as my primary phone, internet etc.. I just want to keep the V1 iPhone.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I know i'll keep my exisiting #, but i also want to keep the V1 phone. Another thing, what are you talking about with sim cards? I just wanted to activate the 3G and use that as my primary phone, internet etc.. I just want to keep the V1 iPhone.
There is no reason why you can't keep your V1 phone.
On the V1 phone, you could put the sim card in any phone and it would work. About the only reason I can think you would do this is if your iPhone had to be sent for repairs, you could use an old phone if you had one until the repairs were done. Or maybe you were going somewhere or doing something that you didn't want to take the iPhone. What ever. Anyway, I don't know if this will be the case with the new phone.

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Wow that's a lot to pay every month! I'm only paying $46 a month with my iPhone. I have an old $29.99 plan with $3.00 credit every month + the $20 data plan. $70 is too steep for me!

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Wow that's a lot to pay every month! I'm only paying $46 a month with my iPhone. I have an old $29.99 plan with $3.00 credit every month + the $20 data plan. $70 is too steep for me!
$29.99-$3.00=$26.99+$20.00=$46.99
You have no taxes on this plan? The $70 plan includes estimated taxes.

Duckman

Bronze
Apr 11, 2008
So does any one know if you have a v1...is there going to be a non-3g rate plan....?

Dang all this makes me feel better I bought a refurb a few weeks ago.

Eric Johnson

Bronze
May 12, 2008
So does any one know if you have a v1...is there going to be a non-3g rate plan....?

Dang all this makes me feel better I bought a refurb a few weeks ago.
Can you explain what you mean a little more? Thats a little vague. :)

Edit: somone answered it already.

Duckman

Bronze
Apr 11, 2008
What I am saying if some one gets a used or new v1 after the release date of the v2....

Will those folks be able to get the 20.00 plan or will they get jammed with the 30.00 even though they do not have 3g....

Cantwait4iPhone

May 6, 2007
United States
When you add in all the factors when buying a voice plan, as well as data and texting, you would be nearing $70 a month, yes. This would be minimum or close to it if you want all the features, but it's only $10 more than the current plan of similar features.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
What's up with Family Talk 550 plan not being available in NYC? What kind of BS is that? My family uses very few minutes, and I primarily text. Even so, we are forced to choose the 700 minute plan because they don't make available to us the 550 minute plan. I don't see how this if fair to their largest market in the country.

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
How much is unlimited text messaging?
That is a good question, because they have a $30 unlimited text plan for the whole family plan (one of there shared feature). Just not for the iPhone (I was going to check why not)

Messaging Unlimited for Families

With just one package - ALL lines in your FamilyTalk group can send and receive UNLIMITED text, picture, video and instant messages with anyone in the US.

Shared Features GroupGroupPush To Talk Family - Shared $19.99 Click to addEarly Nights and Weekends FamilyTalk - Shared $16.99 Click to addGroup MessagingMessaging Unlimited for Families - Shared $30.00 Select FeatureI no longer want to add this featureN/A No Thanks

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I wonder why they took out the free 200 texts. They're charging more...
'Cause they can. Everyone is so blindsided by the iDay2 price of admission, they're really not noticing the plan price increases and subsequent increased cost of ownership. Especially new iPhone purchasers. They're gonna make a killing, Apple AND AT&T

It's pretty shady. But not at all surprising.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
'Cause they can. Everyone is so blindsided by the iDay2 price of admission, they're really not noticing the plan price increases and subsequent increased cost of ownership. Especially new iPhone purchasers.

It's pretty shady. But not at all surprising.
That is true I guess. Maybe theyre doing this on purpose to distract people with the low price, but then surprising you by having to pay extra for almost everything. Better businesss opportunity for them I guess...