720p Video Recording on iPhone 4G?

mr.reggaeton72

Zealot
Silver
Jun 12, 2009
that would be, extravagant,(naps, check if i spelled that word correctly), if Apple is making a camera that can allow 720p video recordings, im sure they will intergrate a webcam...although building a webcam, is not as much as having the network that can support it...

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Maybe now we can finally substantiate all those rumors going around about the 3GS doing HD recording. I like it when I hear evidence, not just rumors, for future hardware upgrades to the iPhone.

Ethan316

Oct 14, 2009
If an iPhone has a camera flash and a powerful camera, it would fulfill all my needs. Can't wait for the release of the new iPhone. :)

saige1r

Bronze
Mar 12, 2010
LOL at the off-topic comments. But, to go back on topic, IF the iPhone did get HD recording, it would probably be way too grainy for my tastes. There's just no way they could squeeze in a decent enough-sized sensor to do any quality HD recording. IMO, SD is a much better way to go for small sensors.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
[snicker] Funny thread.

I agree with saige1r The sensitivity and compression factor would likely be enough to render it rather pointless with the current level of tech.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
lol @ SPELT... it's spelled. Spelt is a grain.
Kev is correct, im in the UK, where we say spelt.... don't even get me started on the difference in meanings of words across the pond. Just come over here and say fanny and see the looks you get ;)