8 Days from now

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Test-Pilot, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Test-Pilot

Test-Pilot Member
    Bronze

In the calendar app: if I have an appointment 8 days from now, I cannot see it's details on the Watch. I would have to check the phone. On the Watch, the calendar app shows up to only 7 days out. Am I wrong? Or is that ridiculousness real? Nevermind trying to see multiple months ahead.

Also, in the email app: can I only check on ONE email account? What if I have several email accounts that I need to work with on a daily basis? Again, default to the phone? If so, why the heck would I buy the Watch?

These two design flaws are deal-breakers for me.

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I like what Rene Ritchie said, "The Apple Watch isn't an iPhone any more than the iPhone is a Mac. Computing has moved from the server room to the desktop to the laptop to the pocket and now onto the wrist. Every time that's happened, every time it's moved to a new, more personal place, those of us who were used to it in its old place have become slightly anxious, we've become subject to our own expectational debt."
    It is what it is. As you come to understand it, you will enjoy it more.
    I have 7 email accounts in my mail app. I have no problems switching from one to another. I can see all 7 in " All Mail".

3. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

Add or change to a different Mail app (it can be hidden and set not to be actually used on the phone if you prefer). Look at Spark (from Readdle) and CloudMagic. I prefer Spark but they both have full watch support including notifications that allow read, reply, dismiss, delete and snooze.

4. Test-Pilot

Test-Pilot Member
    Bronze

Thanks for the email tips. What about the calendar? I work by appointments only. It's crucial to my business. I know I can "check my phone", as the Apple store employee suggested, but why would I buy the watch then?
    I really want to get it. But without more comprehensive calendar (and email) functionality, the watch is just a frivolous toy for me. Hard to justify.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It can't do everything the phone can do, just like the phone can't do everything the watch can do. I don't have one, but I'm considering it for the fitness features that my phone can't track. My brother mentioned how he walked seven miles yesterday just working around the house. My phone doesn't track any of that type of activity because it isn't a started and stopped workout and I don't always keep it in my pocket. The alerts you get throughout the day are even better than what you get with the phone since it's on your wrist rather than in your pocket. You'll be less likely to miss any. Managing/reviewing calendar events one week in the future isn't an area it's going to shine in. Stick with the phone for that or look for app. It won't replace your phone, but it will definitely complement it.

6. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

Sunrise calendar app allows you to look as far forward as you want and supports Google calendar, iCloud and Office 365.