8 min video clip 1.7 GB?

JEWISH_GOAT

Bronze
Nov 30, 2007
I downloaded a video clip from youtube using vixy.net and it converted it to a mac .MOV file. When I opened the clip it said the file was 1.67GB. The video clip is just over 8 min long. Granted the video clip is a very old cartoon from like the 30's or something I still don't understand why it converted into such a big file. :oops:

NEVERMIND. Once imported to iTunes it compressed it to about 36MB! I would have just delted this post but I honestly do not know how to do that..:p

Last edited by a moderator:

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
Weird. Maybe they had to make the quality really high since the video is so old. Because I watch lots of .mov videos on my computer and none are that big.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
I downloaded a video clip from youtube using vixy.net and it converted it to a mac .MOV file. When I opened the clip it said the file was 1.67GB. The video clip is just over 8 min long. Granted the video clip is a very old cartoon from like the 30's or something I still don't understand why it converted into such a big file. :oops:

try using handbrake and converting it to mp4

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007

NEVERMIND. Once imported to iTunes it compressed it to about 36MB! I would have just delted this post but I honestly do not know how to do that..:p
D'oh! I should have mentioned this in the PM. Sorry about that.

try using handbrake and converting it to mp4
Handbrake only works with DVDs, not pre-existing video files.

- John

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
There is a converter out there called Super... I cannot remember the full name. My Wife edits movies, and she cannot direcetly output to Quicktime, so she outputs to AVI, and the file was 22 GIG. We used Super to convert to MOV format, and it was 1.05 GIG when complete. I'll try to get the name tonight. PM me if you need it, and I'll make sure I respond to you.

** UPDATE**I found it... I think. Located on this page ( http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html ), but the download link is all but impossible to locate, so I'll paste it here to.
http://www.erightsoft.info/GetFile.php?SUPERsetup.exe