80G iPhone - No kidding!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Jaseman

May 4, 2007
Check out the new activation and sync video from Apple.com. Towards the last part where they show how to sync movies and TV shows, the iPhone that is synced is 80G, not 8G. Hmm...

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
Check out the new activation and sync video from Apple.com. Towards the last part where they show how to sync movies and TV shows, the iPhone that is synced is 80G, not 8G. Hmm...
You know, I noticed that too. I wonder if this is some kind of "slip" by Apple, the same way they slipped out the Youtube button on the current iPhone.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
Check out some of the other threads before you post. This is the third one about the same topic.
It's kinda rapid fire around here these days. This was the first thread I saw on this topic. Easy to make this mistake/create and post to duplicate threads. Nature of the beast.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
It's kinda rapid fire around here these days. This was the first thread I saw on this topic. Easy to make this mistake/create and post to duplicate threads. Nature of the beast.
It's just happening way too much now, though.
All of these ppl are under 10 posts, too.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
yeah imagine that...an 80 gig iPhone...for the price of $2000...:laugh2:
It's a really interesting question. I actually thought Apple would go down market (lower price point) before they'd go up market. Or, they may do both. Or, this all may be just a ruse to keep us guessing.

Superfreaknduper

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
I doubt it is a ruse. Trick us, but why? It could simply be another mistake like the extra button thing. Time will tell, so far every half-wit theory for anything we have heard has been answered by Apple in due time... the great part about now is, due time is only 3 days

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
I doubt it is a ruse. Trick us, but why? It could simply be another mistake like the extra button thing. Time will tell, so far every half-wit theory for anything we have heard has been answered by Apple in due time... the great part about now is, due time is only 3 days
I am guessing they will update the video soon as they will be inundated with calls about it.

jtlax3

Bronze
May 31, 2007
the extra button thingy wasn't a mistake if you remember correctly. you tube was later added to account for the additional button...

but my take on this one is that it is indeed a mistake. no way for the iPhone to have flash memory AND 80gb AND cost $600.

DD0

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
What is wrong with you people. Ya they are going to just give us an 80g iPhone out of nowhere.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
It's a really interesting question. I actually thought Apple would go down market (lower price point) before they'd go up market. Or, they may do both. Or, this all may be just a ruse to keep us guessing.
yeah rob- i hear ya...one thing that dawned on me yesterday was the production/marketing of the ipod...that's exactly what they're doing with the iPhone...