80GB iPod Classic, iTunes message says "Corrupt iPod"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tomdice, Jul 18, 2008.

1. tomdice

tomdice New Member
    Bronze

is messed up. Well I just plugged in my Ipod to iTunes 7.0 and suddenly I received a "corrupt ipod" warning. so upon ejecting i noticed all my music and videos are missing. Yet the ipod still says 74 Gigs are being used. So my question is, is their a way to save my music? also i have been reading ever since iTunes 7.0 came out this been happening to a lot of other people.

HELP!

2. tomdice

tomdice New Member
    Bronze

well i just plugged my ipod without iTunes, and did a disk utility repair and everything came back. so who knows, one thing for sure i need to get my library backed up ASAP!

I'M A HAPPY BOY AGAIN!

3. projectdarkside

projectdarkside New Member

Im happy for you man!
    -I have a 30 gig iPod Video with about 15 gigs of movies and music, and reading your post just made me think about what would I do if something like that happened:eek:

I realized that if my music and stuff disappeared and were never to come-back I had have no way of recovery it :(
    *Goes to back-up phone contacts*

4. goobs22xx

goobs22xx Member
    Bronze

How do you have all that music not already on your computer?

5. dcom

dcom Zealot
    Gold

I was going to ask the same thing. Don't you have your iTunes library as your main backup?

6. tomdice

tomdice New Member
    Bronze

having that much music on my computer really bogs it down and makes it slow.

7. dcom

dcom Zealot
    Gold

Perhaps it's time to get an external drive just to hold your music.

8. projectdarkside

projectdarkside New Member

Thats why Im gonna buy a Terabyte of external storage cause I dare someone(normal person) to use tp all that memory :p

9. yakob89

yakob89 New Member
    Bronze

I have a question is there a third party program that can bypass whatever Apples thing is so I can put my music on my 80gig iPod from my macbook to my imac without iTunes erasing it? thanks

10. nomadic_alec

nomadic_alec New Member

It happpened to me too!1

Yo tomdice,

This exact problem has just happened to me. It seems like you have also found the solution. What do i need to do to make my ipod work again? and if i do a "disk utility repair" will i erase the content of my ipod?

I'm half way round the world from my backed up files so really need your help on this one mate!

Cheers

A.[

quote=tomdice;305948]is messed up. Well I just plugged in my Ipod to iTunes 7.0 and suddenly I received a "corrupt ipod" warning. so upon ejecting i noticed all my music and videos are missing. Yet the ipod still says 74 Gigs are being used. So my question is, is their a way to save my music? also i have been reading ever since iTunes 7.0 came out this been happening to a lot of other people.

HELP![/quote]