80GB iPod Classic, iTunes message says "Corrupt iPod"

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tomdice

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
Florida
is messed up. Well I just plugged in my Ipod to iTunes 7.0 and suddenly I received a "corrupt ipod" warning. so upon ejecting i noticed all my music and videos are missing. Yet the ipod still says 74 Gigs are being used. So my question is, is their a way to save my music? also i have been reading ever since iTunes 7.0 came out this been happening to a lot of other people.

HELP!

tomdice

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
Florida
well i just plugged my ipod without iTunes, and did a disk utility repair and everything came back. so who knows, one thing for sure i need to get my library backed up ASAP!

I'M A HAPPY BOY AGAIN!

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Im happy for you man!
-I have a 30 gig iPod Video with about 15 gigs of movies and music, and reading your post just made me think about what would I do if something like that happened:eek:

I realized that if my music and stuff disappeared and were never to come-back I had have no way of recovery it :(
*Goes to back-up phone contacts*

yakob89

Bronze
Apr 16, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
I have a question is there a third party program that can bypass whatever Apples thing is so I can put my music on my 80gig iPod from my macbook to my imac without iTunes erasing it? thanks

Jun 3, 2009
It happpened to me too!1

Yo tomdice,

This exact problem has just happened to me. It seems like you have also found the solution. What do i need to do to make my ipod work again? and if i do a "disk utility repair" will i erase the content of my ipod?

I'm half way round the world from my backed up files so really need your help on this one mate!

Cheers

A.[

quote=tomdice;305948]is messed up. Well I just plugged in my Ipod to iTunes 7.0 and suddenly I received a "corrupt ipod" warning. so upon ejecting i noticed all my music and videos are missing. Yet the ipod still says 74 Gigs are being used. So my question is, is their a way to save my music? also i have been reading ever since iTunes 7.0 came out this been happening to a lot of other people.

HELP![/quote]