$899.99 wow

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
That's pretty cool and can be useful to some, but $899.99 seems way too high for this...

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Still better than the $999 - "I Am Rich" app. :laugh2: At least this one does something. It's probably geared toward security businessses who can actually pay for this kind of thing.

I wonder if a security businesss could pay for the one app and have all the security guards armed with an iPhone and the app? Should probably be okay if all the iPhones are synced with one login right?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Still better than the $999 - "I Am Rich" app. :laugh2: At least this one does something. It's probably geared toward security businessses who can actually pay for this kind of thing.

I wonder if a security businesss could pay for the one app and have all the security guards armed with an iPhone and the app? Should probably be okay if all the iPhones are synced with one login right?
Should be okay, but their info and stuff would get a little messed up...

Isn't there that thing where businessses can buy an app and email it around to people in the company?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Well, you could sync up to five devices to one account. After that, the app's DRM would kick in and reject any more attempted installations. Savio, what you're talking about is Ad-Hoc testing - a solution that would make sense if the same company both developed and used the app. Unless you are the developer of the app, you can't ship it off via Ad-Hoc.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I would definitely hope for a preview of this App prior to making the purchase. I really wish more "paid Apps" had a preview feature.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Freakin' ridiculous, I don't care what it does.:eek:

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I went to their website and left them a comment on how outrageous their asking price is. Told them that at best 8.99 is what it should be. 89.99 Still not even close to worth it.

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
I think i've seen a similar app in the store for 10 bucks.
Even for what it does it seems over priced, and we probably wont see a review of this for awhile because you need to buy it first.

cpolaris502

Bronze
Nov 15, 2007
Rogers, MN
I think it is really cool and could be very useful for large companies. The price is not that far out there when you compare it with the rest of components needed to make up a security system.

900 may be a bit high, but you people that are saying $90 would be right are wrong.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I think it is really cool and could be very useful for large companies. The price is not that far out there when you compare it with the rest of components needed to make up a security system.

900 may be a bit high, but you people that are saying $90 would be right are wrong.
8.99 would be about right for this app. $90 is still reaching. I mean, the development of the software couldn't have been that difficult since versions of it were already available out there. It just had to be formatted for a cut down OSX version. Other than that, it's just a wireless webcam viewer connection to a private server. Whoopee.
Besides, all those screens are so small, (having multiple screens on the phone,) So selecting one and viewing it would not be so bad, but still, it's not that difficult to setup. Another member here actually created a webcam viewer where you could actually move and zoom the camera, and he said that it was fairly easy to do. So I cannot see this as being very revolutionary or anything.
Plus this apps seems more geared to those in the security field than for the average user. They are still flippin' nuts to ask $899.99 for it. They would be nuts asking for anything over $8.99

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
If I did buy it then I would immediately want a refund.
I spent about 900 on my entire computer so why would I spend that much for an app that is in no way revolutionary. In fact, any app over 10 bucks isn't worth it.