8GB iPhone is now going to be $399

jviphone

Bronze
Jul 20, 2007
Price we pay for getting stuff early, however also i didn't think that it would drop that much in a couple of months, Apple should give at least a $100 rebate or gift card to use at the Apple store for people who got there phones and registered them early, they can track all that...this is crap..but then again I paid 700 to have the first PS3 on the block and Ill prob pay again when iPhone 2 comes out..

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Part of me is pissed off.

But the other part is thrilled at how many iPhone sales this will trigger.

More iPhones == more support, more apps, more everything!

--
Mike

chrissurra

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
it sicks we paid more. Look at it this way you paid more towards Apples R&D for new products. I don't feel screwed now everyone who said they wouldn't buy it because it is too expensive/not worth it will have to eat a lot of crow.

Thats worth 200 to me.

HiSoC8Y

Aug 26, 2007
im pissed too, i just bought mine on the 29th of August (7 days ago), im in Dubai, UAE, and i bought it from Apple online store.

i need my $200 back....what is the procedure...

Apple is playing it dirty ...

Matt Random

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Wow. I can not express how much this angers me! A price drop of 1/3 after just 2 months. This is how I am rewarded for giving a brand new Apple product a try? Do we have any options?

It'd be nice if they gave us a $200 credit to iTunes or the Apple Store or something.

jviphone

Bronze
Jul 20, 2007

--
Mike
Didn't think of that, but more phones also means more att customers, more service = crappy networks that can't handle all the customers..

rittchard

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Pretty unbelievable stuff. I love how he comments on the 1million iPhone customers and phenomenal customer feedback and love from all the early adopters... RIGHT BEFORE SCREWING US ALL OVER. Lovely.

They definitely needed to do a price drop before Christmas, but couldn't they have waited another month or 2 out of simple respect for the early fans? A $100 price drop in October would have been much more palatable. This is more like a hardcore slap in the face.

jviphone

Bronze
Jul 20, 2007
Wow. I can not express how much this angers me! A price drop of 1/3 after just 2 months. This is how I am rewarded for giving a brand new Apple product a try? Do we have any options?

It'd be nice if they gave us a $200 credit to iTunes or the Apple Store or something.
yeah we had to pay 200 bucks to beta test the product, and mine even broke I had to send it in for a new screen..wow just wow, I hope we can start a petition..this is real $hit.

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007

--
Mike
Bullsh*t I don't believe it. All it means is they will sell more iPhones without having to upgrade, fix bugs, or add any apps that don't happen to also make them more money (hello, easier access to their store through wifi)

mjb2333

Jul 1, 2007
Pretty unbelievable stuff. I love how he comments on the 1million iPhone customers and phenomenal customer feedback and love from all the early adopters... RIGHT BEFORE SCREWING US ALL OVER. Lovely.

They definitely needed to do a price drop before Christmas, but couldn't they have waited another month or 2 out of simple respect for the early fans? A $100 price drop in October would have been much more palatable. This is more like a hardcore slap in the face.
I totally agree...couldn't have said it better myself...

mblind

Jul 13, 2007
I am so mad that I can't even see straight! AHHHHHH.. This is nuts.. My phone is like 45 days old and now the price is 200 bucks less.. ON A BRAND NEW PRODUCT! WTF! This is totally unacceptable!

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I know I've already posted in this thread but to reiteriate... I AM PISSED. Fence sitters get a rewarded while early adopters get punished. Thanks Apple. I doubt the price of the technology went down by $200 in only 2 months. We're not stupid - you took advantage of the true Apple fans.

EJW2202

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
I totally agree...couldn't have said it better myself...
I agree also, I am really mad about this. $200 is a lot of money to drop a product after two months. The iPhone just keeps making history.

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
I am so mad that I can't even see straight! AHHHHHH.. This is nuts.. My phone is like 45 days old and now the price is 200 bucks less.. ON A BRAND NEW PRODUCT! WTF! This is totally unacceptable!
People! People!

Understand they are going for world domination, and profit as well. You are but the little people they step on along the way...

snowcrash

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Is this everyones first new phone? Almost ALL phones go through MAJOR price drops after a month or so of coming out. Remember how much a Razr was when it first came out? Or a MotoQ or a Treo. Come on people. Yeah if you bought the phone in the last week I can see being a little upset, but saying "shady businesss practices" or whatever, get over it. Apple didn't do this to "personally screw you" Yeah I paid full price for mine and I knew if i waited it out there would be a price drop, but I didn't want to wait. I wanted it now so thats just the "price" we pay for being first in line. Its ALWAYS like that with Tech. Xbox, PSP, Phones, DVD players, TVs, etc.