8gb iPhone - Question about the capacity

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

beautifulliar

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
Are you able to use up the entire 8GB with music? Or do you need to leave a few gigs free for the phone to run smoothly? Yesterday I added a lot of music to my iPhone. I ended up with a little under 2gb free. I've noticed that since I've done that that the iPhone freezes sometimes. It never did that before. Do you need to leave a certain amount free in order for the iPhone to run smoothly?

socalkevin21

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
Are you able to use up the entire 8GB with music? Or do you need to leave a few gigs free for the phone to run smoothly? Yesterday I added a lot of music to my iPhone. I ended up with a little under 2gb free. I've noticed that since I've done that that the iPhone freezes sometimes. It never did that before. Do you need to leave a certain amount free in order for the iPhone to run smoothly?
The amount needed for it to run smoothly should be used up in that .7 GB that they take from you to begin with. If you noted, the device is only capable of 7.3 GB of usable memory. I only have about 50 songs on mine and 3 pictures and mine freezes every now and then.