8tracks - This app requires iOS 4.3.

php111

Bronze
Jul 30, 2011
I'm trying to download 8tracks radio by David Porter.

I'm running iPhone 4 32GB White with iOS 4.2.10.

I receive a message saying "This app requires iOS 4.3." I thought 4.3 was AT&T? I don't have them. I have Verizon Wireless (VZW). I don't have a jailbreak. How can I fix that app message?

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
I'm trying to download 8tracks radio by David Porter.

I'm running iPhone 4 32GB White with iOS 4.2.10.

I receive a message saying "This app requires iOS 4.3." I thought 4.3 was AT&T? I don't have them. I have Verizon Wireless (VZW). I don't have a jailbreak. How can I fix that app message?
4.3 talks about the software version. The most current software version is 5.0.1. Whether you're AT&T or Verizon.

php111

Bronze
Jul 30, 2011
LOL. I'm like back in the day old?!

I don't know if I'm looking in the right section? I see version. I have 4.2.10 (8E600). Would that be it? Hmm, about a year old? Or longer? LOL.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
LOL. I'm like back in the day old?!

I don't know if I'm looking in the right section? I see version. I have 4.2.10 (8E600). Would that be it? Hmm, about a year old? Or longer? LOL.
Yes, that would be it. And yes, you're probably about a year and a half old.

php111

Bronze
Jul 30, 2011
Yes, that would be it. And yes, you're probably about a year and a half old.

Thank you so much for the quick solution!

I'm not understanding on what I get on the iOS 5x compared to the iPhone 4S with that iOS 5x? I'm not worried about the 4S. I only have a iPhone 4. I don't have a working PC at this time, so I can't do the upgrade.

What kind of apps comes with the iOS 5x? I'm looking forward to upgrading! What's including? Does it give me a new Home Screen design? Someone tried explaining in PM, but I don't understand.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
Thank you so much for the quick solution!

I'm not understanding on what I get on the iOS 5x compared to the iPhone 4S with that iOS 5x? I'm not worried about the 4S. I only have a iPhone 4. I don't have a working PC at this time, so I can't do the upgrade.

What kind of apps comes with the iOS 5x? I'm looking forward to upgrading! What's including? Does it give me a new Home Screen design? Someone tried explaining in PM, but I don't understand.
Well, in order to upgrade you need a PC. You get everything the 4s has except for Siri in the upgrade, including a notification center. No new apps come. There are a few other changes, but I can't think of them off the top of my head. It's worth the upgrade.