8tracks - This app requires iOS 4.3.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

php111

Bronze
Jul 30, 2011
I'm trying to download 8tracks radio by David Porter.

I'm running iPhone 4 32GB White with iOS 4.2.10.

I receive a message saying "This app requires iOS 4.3." I thought 4.3 was AT&T? I don't have them. I have Verizon Wireless (VZW). I don't have a jailbreak. How can I fix that app message?

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
I'm trying to download 8tracks radio by David Porter.

I'm running iPhone 4 32GB White with iOS 4.2.10.

I receive a message saying "This app requires iOS 4.3." I thought 4.3 was AT&T? I don't have them. I have Verizon Wireless (VZW). I don't have a jailbreak. How can I fix that app message?
4.3 talks about the software version. The most current software version is 5.0.1. Whether you're AT&T or Verizon.

php111

Bronze
Jul 30, 2011
LOL. I'm like back in the day old?!

I don't know if I'm looking in the right section? I see version. I have 4.2.10 (8E600). Would that be it? Hmm, about a year old? Or longer? LOL.

php111

Bronze
Jul 30, 2011
Yes, that would be it. And yes, you're probably about a year and a half old.

Thank you so much for the quick solution!

I'm not understanding on what I get on the iOS 5x compared to the iPhone 4S with that iOS 5x? I'm not worried about the 4S. I only have a iPhone 4. I don't have a working PC at this time, so I can't do the upgrade.

What kind of apps comes with the iOS 5x? I'm looking forward to upgrading! What's including? Does it give me a new Home Screen design? Someone tried explaining in PM, but I don't understand.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
Thank you so much for the quick solution!

I'm not understanding on what I get on the iOS 5x compared to the iPhone 4S with that iOS 5x? I'm not worried about the 4S. I only have a iPhone 4. I don't have a working PC at this time, so I can't do the upgrade.

What kind of apps comes with the iOS 5x? I'm looking forward to upgrading! What's including? Does it give me a new Home Screen design? Someone tried explaining in PM, but I don't understand.
Well, in order to upgrade you need a PC. You get everything the 4s has except for Siri in the upgrade, including a notification center. No new apps come. There are a few other changes, but I can't think of them off the top of my head. It's worth the upgrade.