9.2.1 Released

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by efuseakay, Jan 19, 2016.

1. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

You guys go first!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

3. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

Ah lol I read the title wrong. Hehe

4. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Why would it not have been ok? I didn't see any warning about the update.

6. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

I always get the updates immediately and there should be no problems. I never think of the updates as possibly being problematic. However, there have been times after an update, I can't recall which updates, where there were issues and it would have been better if I waited. I usually jump right on them when I see them. My girlfriend always waits and laughs at me for getting the updates immediately. In the end it all worked out.

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

The previous version is usually still being signed by Apple for at least a week or two so you can roll back if necessary.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Are you for real? :)

To the best of my knowledge, Apple doesn't usually include warnings about potential problems with their iOS updates. :D

Screen Shot 2016-01-21 at 10.38.44 AM.png

9. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Phyyyt!

#9 Ledsteplin, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  10. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

@Sharunda you're brave. :D

11. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

Once an update is pushed I will certainly google 'iOS X.x.x Problems,'daily for a few days to see what floats to the top then decide if I can live with any possible calamities. I learned to do that after phone connectivity was trashed with an iOS 6 update...... (Can't remember which, it was quite a while ago) I was also burned on iOS 9 when it killed all or most of my notifications,which was never really discussed deeply anywhere until well after it was in circulation. Fortunately the 'bug fix' which came our subsequently remedied the problems with iOS 6, and for most having issues with the notifications... The notification fix was never detailed in any change logs though, almost like the powers that be hoped no one would have noticed it was broken in the first place. So I have some faith but am not totally trusting.

12. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

I've had no issues with 9.2.1. But that's just me. :)

13. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

No issues here either.

14. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

So far so good ( iPhone 6 & iPad original mini.... Will do my wife's 6+ and her iPad 2 later today

15. Carolx3

Carolx3 New Member

I havnt updated yet, too scared :)

16. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

My iPad mini ( old, like me) my iPhone 6 and my wifes 6Plus all done without any issues - her iPad 2is now downloading - I elected OTA as its not a big leap from 9.2 to 9.2.1 & I'm not updating to fix any preexisting bugs.... but I very much appreciate your concerns. As I've suggested in another post,once an update is out,wheter or not your carrier has yet pushed it to your device, simply Google the update as in iOS X.x.x issues, or problems, and see what comes up over a few days.Forbes magazine and Arstechnica will often have articles very quickly boys any potential problems. And believe me, Apple may fix things which they never have indicated were problems, probably hoping that no one may have found out about the bug(s) yet..... but so far 9.2.1 seems benign

17. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

All phones and iPads now done (9.2.1) without a hitch in the update process. Of course I'll start a thread if any problems arise, which I don't expect, ( but then again.....). The only 'happening' in the tablet/phone marathon was that after updating, my wifes iPhone 6plus, her SwiftKey came up with a note, top of the keyboard, about cycling "Allow Full Access", leading me to find it had been switched off in the update. For all I know that's the default setting, but that did not happen on any of the other devices, so I simply switched it back on. Apparently there is an OS X update in the push process as a bug fix for El Capitan on iMac and Macbook but I'll wait until I see it.....

18. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

I have no issues with 9.2.1 on both my iPad Air 2 and on my iPhone 6s Plus. I did hesitate to install it on my phone after reading some peoples' horror stories, but they were of a very limited scope. And 9.2.1 fixes an important security hole so I bit the bullet and let it install. So far so good. Two days and not a single issue, but then I have rarely experienced issues with iOS updates. Just lucky I guess.

One thing I did notice. The non-jailbreak version of f.lux (Nightshade?? Not suer of the name now) kept quitting and wouldn't work. I ended up deleting it since the functionality is included in the upcoming iOS 9.3. This was the app you had to compile yourself from posted source code, compile with Xcode, and then self-sign. Xcode handles it all very easily though. I'm no developer - far from it - but I got this done in no time as Xcode does all the heavy lifting.

19. Ag52013

Ag52013 Member
    Bronze

Since the update my safari crashes when I try and press the address bar. Is this happening to anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Ag52013

Ag52013 Member
    Bronze

It seems it is a problem for other users.

For info:

To fix this. Go to settings, Safari then clear your history and web data

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk