$99 iPhone?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Interesting points being floating about Apple selling a $99 iPhone next year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Whoa. I wouldn't be surprised to see a further decrease in price. Selling the iPhone for $99 in the near future certainly makes sense. I'm still hoping for a 32 GB iPhone sometime soon. I wonder if the $99 iPhone will be sold at Wal Mart...

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
The only reason I'm not getting a 3G right now is because of the possibility of a 32 GB (I hate having a 4 GB!) and price reductions. I've made it four months. I can wait some more.

rafayj

Oct 26, 2008
32 GB would take a lot of time to get released, probably like an year or so. iPhone has special deals too like if you buy a phone from the Apple store, within a month or two if you don't like it, you can give them back. Thats what our local store representative said, thats all part of the connection we pay for. So far I am loving the iPhone 3G, it has everything what I need.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
32 GB would take a lot of time to get released, probably like an year or so. iPhone has special deals too like if you buy a phone from the Apple store, within a month or two if you don't like it, you can give them back. Thats what our local store representative said, thats all part of the connection we pay for. So far I am loving the iPhone 3G, it has everything what I need.
I thought rumor was a 32 GB would be released early in 2009?

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I thought rumor was a 32 GB would be released early in 2009?
That was speculated only to match the 16GB announcement this past January. If a 32GB iPhone were to come out in January, I'd think the announcement would come in the next few months, if not already.

The article is interesting but nothing more than speculating on how Apple can get more iPhones into people's hands. I don't like the idea of the stripped down iPhone (some people thought the recent iPod Nano announcement was going to be an iPhone Nano announcement :laugh2:).

I'm going with my theory that there will be some uber-iphone coming out next year (probably summer or later), and the current 3G line will be the base set. This uber-iphone would include the voice recognition hardware that Apple recently filed a patent for. That would also be a great time to dump the 8GB iPhone and make the 16GB the minimum. Obviously, the uber-iphone would have the 32GB capacity.

But that's just one man's opinion...

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I agree. A new iPhone with higher data capacity, better camera (+video), and different styling (thinner, lighter?) would sell well for $200-$300 for the base model, and the 3G would be "everyman's" iPhone at $99 for 8GB.

I very much look forward to this "uberPhone" arriving right around the time I finally break my V1 :)

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
The only reason I'm not getting a 3G right now is because of the possibility of a 32 GB (I hate having a 4 GB!) and price reductions. I've made it four months. I can wait some more.

i have 4gig too, :(

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
Don't know how you could do it with a 4GB, I could barely do with my 8GB but I'm trying to hold out and see what else pops up cause I know sooner or later 16GB won't be enough. I'm a music Junkie and I love having music videos and Movies on my iPhone, but unfortunately I can't fit all my stuff. A newer iPhone would be sweet.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
Hmm.
I think it would be great if they re released the V1, but as the 99 dollar version. A step back, yes, but I would buy it.

rafayj

Oct 26, 2008
Many avators sites such as freeavators.com or search on google for these images.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
Hmm.
I think it would be great if they re released the V1, but as the 99 dollar version. A step back, yes, but I would buy it.

i too would really like this, im a huge fan of v1 and l'd like a 16g v1 but that is NOT going to happen because they want people locked to the 30$ data plan and not the 20$ data plan that i have now...

but still i too would like this!

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
i too would really like this, im a huge fan of v1 and l'd like a 16g v1 but that is NOT going to happen because they want people locked to the 30$ data plan and not the 20$ data plan that i have now...

but still i too would like this!
Exactly. My biggest regret is waiting too long to adopt the v1. Everything about it, I feel was great. Sure my 3g is ok, but I really prefer the v1.

And that's true, they will want to keep people locked into the more expensive data plan, but get this: ATT has actually lost a lot of money from the iPhone 3g. Yes, they have received tons of new customers, and more income flowing in, but the cost of maintaining their 3g network is actually causing them to lose money. So, a v1 may have the possibility of returning if it comes down to that issue. I really hope so!