$99/month to use WiFi?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

emerrill

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
While I haven't seen it yet (server still down for me, they are likely doing each server separately), that usually means if you want to use AT&Ts wifi

emerrill

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
I have read a few sites saying it was back up. And mine was up when others said it was down, I think they are doing each web cluster separately, meaning we may each see different things.

thinkart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Mid-MO
i saw that too. it was $79 PDA data unlimited or $99 PDA data unlimited w/ WiFi. i was scared! there is no way i can afford that. it would potentially keep me from buying the iPhone. as much as i never though anything could keep me from the iPhone, if it was 100bucks just for data i would have to decline.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
Don't get all uptight, everyone. It's just ATT's wifi plan. That doesn't preclude you using your own wifi in your own house, or at the local Starbucks, or at work, or at school, or anywhere except where you'd need to connect to ATT's wifi network.

I think those wifi plans usually include several other companies' wifi networks. So, if you travel a lot by air and need to work in airports, that buys you access to several networks instead of having to purchase daily access or monthly plans to several different wifi networks.

JDS

Jun 17, 2007
Don't get all uptight, everyone. It's just ATT's wifi plan. That doesn't preclude you using your own wifi in your own house, or at the local Starbucks, or at work, or at school, or anywhere except where you'd need to connect to ATT's wifi network.

I think those wifi plans usually include several other companies' wifi networks. So, if you travel a lot by air and need to work in airports, that buys you access to several networks instead of having to purchase daily access or monthly plans to several different wifi networks.
true, but the unlimited data connect w/o wifi is still $79.99 WAY too much IMNHO.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
when they refer to "wi-fi" it is ATT-provided wifi, meaning you need to subscribe to it to gain access. It is different than public wifi spots.

Jun 21, 2007
I believe i've seen those plans there before i don't think they are new...so maybe those are not even the plans for the iPhone.....we can only wait and see.

Jun 25, 2007
true, but the unlimited data connect w/o wifi is still $79.99 WAY too much IMNHO.
I highly doubt the plans will be that price. Those data plans including the wi/fi have been on there for the past two weeks.

Since the iPhone will be required to have both they will make it less. Especially when verizons unlimited data plan is around $50.

STNLESS

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
could we use this?

Smartphone Connect Plans

With SmartPhone Connect, you can browse the internet from your wireless Smartphone handset. And now, Xpress Mail is included with SmartPhone Connect Unlimited at no extra charge.

SmartPhone Connect 5MB $9.99

SmartPhone Connect Unlimited w/Xpress Mail $19.99

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
Here's a quick screen shot:
i doubt that's the same thing as iPhone's wifi.

however, if it is true then i'm not getting it and i'm selling all my stock in Apple. a $99 required data plan is the nail in the coffin for AT&T and Apple.

let me just reiterate, though, that i still don't think this is the plan for the iPhone