$99/month to use WiFi?

emerrill

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Also, if it has 'Connect' in the name, that means you 'can' also tether to a laptop and use it as a model. There are 2 things with that. First off, we don't know if the iPhone will support that, and second, usually you can do it with that plan, it just take a bit more configuring, and you may get disconnected if you use too much data.

brinox

Bronze
Apr 30, 2007
i got one too

oops, didn't see the flood of posts... removed my picture :|

emerrill

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Yeah, all this is no different than it was last week. These are their standard data plans.

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
Smartphone Connect Plans
SmartPhone Connect 5MB $9.99
SmartPhone Connect Unlimited w/Xpress Mail $19.99
Yeh, I'd expect both of those plans to be available for the iPhone... I thought about the 5 MB plan but I might start with the unlimited plan the first month and see how much data I actually transfer when not on wi-fi.

soloudinhere

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
5MB is about 10 webpages. Trust me. I regularly burn through more than a GB a month even on a phone with wifi.

emerrill

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
5MB is about 10 webpages. Trust me. I regularly burn through more than a GB a month even on a phone with wifi.
Yeah, esp. since it's using the 'full' web, it's a lot more traffic then you would get if you were browsing the mobile web.

soloudinhere

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
Yeah, esp. since it's using the 'full' web, it's a lot more traffic then you would get if you were browsing the mobile web.
Though without flash or java, you'll probably use a lot less. My phone has both so i do use more data to access those things.

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
I don't plan to surf much when not on Wi-Fi so we'll see...

I notice a difference between my home's RoadRunner vs my employer's slower T1 so I fully expect EDGE to royally suck, being closer to dialup.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
i got one too

oops, didn't see the flood of posts... removed my picture :|
DUDE SICK AVATAR!

PS For all of you wondering about data On your Cingular/AT&T handsets type the command ( *3282# ) And it will send you A data reminder telling you how many Text messeges and data you have left. I put it into my contacts so I just go to the listing TEXTS LEFT and press send like your making a call. This will bring up a USSD REQUESTING screen follwing with a free text messege from ATT.