A blog I wrote (to do with Apple restrictions)

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
Hey guys and girls, always wanted to do a blog, this is my first one, its to do with Apple and their restrictions.
http://rickyasher.wordpress.com/
Please have a look and tell me what your thoughts are on the subject.

Cheers

Sent using a bottle of fairy liquid

PinkBanana

Zealot
Gold
Feb 16, 2010
Burnley, UK
Great first blog post matey. Although I did notice a couple of grammar mistakes. Like "There" when i think you meant "their".
As a fellow blogger, you tend to notice things like this when you have been blogging for a while.

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
Great first blog post matey. Although I did notice a couple of grammar mistakes. Like "There" when i think you meant "their".
As a fellow blogger, you tend to notice things like this when you have been blogging for a while.
thanks, yeah i should of checked it over with someone, my grammar is horrendous when it comes to writing haha.

but thanks for reading and the feedback :)

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
To be honest, the poor grammar is what turned me away from the blog. Didn't finish reading it. Sorry.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Your information about third party apps on OS X is incorrect. The ability to install apps on Macs is not a new feature. The Mac App Store is relatively new, but apps could be installed without it prior to that and they still can.

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
To be honest, the poor grammar is what turned me away from the blog. Didn't finish reading it. Sorry.
Fair enough, it's not always going to be liked by everyone :)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Fair enough, it's not always going to be liked by everyone :)

Try to use that criticism to grow and become a better blogger. The hard truth is that most people will stop reading a blog as soon as they notice poor grammar. It shows a lack of effort and there are plenty of other blogs available as alternatives. The grammar doesn't need to be perfect, but more effort in that area needs to be made if you want yours to be successful.

Equally important is research. Your information about OS X apps showed a lack of research. Be sure to verify information first or state that you aren't certain.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
A good way to attract visitors to your site is to say you've found a bootrom exploit of the iPhone 5...

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
Try to use that criticism to grow and become a better blogger. The hard truth is that most people will stop reading a blog as soon as they notice poor grammar. It shows a lack of effort and there are plenty of other blogs available as alternatives. The grammar doesn't need to be perfect, but more effort in that area needs to be made if you want yours to be successful.

Equally important is research. Your information about OS X apps showed a lack of research. Be sure to verify information first or state that you aren't certain.
Yeah I will :) like I say it was just something I have wanted to do.
Will take it all on bored though and I do take on and understand and will learn from what everyone is saying :)

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Will take it all on board though and I do take on and understand and will learn from what everyone is saying :)
Spelling is almost as important as grammar, but most important is accuracy. You can overcome miscommunication easier than misinformation. I have no statistics on this. ;)

Brush up on your research and presentation and more will be on board instead of getting bored within the first paragraph. :cool: