A couple of "How To" questions..

B-Line

Jul 6, 2007
Greetings folks.

Just got my iPhone yesterday. Switched over from the BB8800. So far I love it but I have a few questions.

1) Is there any way to set the phone to automatically check for email at intervals, without actually having to open the mail program?

2) I have two main email accounts that I use, both are set up on my iPhone. It is a process to flip between the two accounts on the iPhone to check for mail. Is there a way to combine them so when I open the mail program, both are immediately visible and integrated (the way "mail" works on the Mac?)

3) Is there a way to mark all mail as read, even if I don't individually open up each file. Often I check the mail on my CPU and having to open each individual file on the iPhone is redundant. Furthermore, if I have opened the mail on my main, home computer, can I get the iPhone to understand that I have already read that piece of mail?

4) The calculator, is there an extended calculator? I like to use the % function, it's easier than computing it, but the calculator doesn't seem to have the extended version.. Is there one?

That's all the questions I can think of so far. Thanks for the help.

B

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Greetings folks.

Just got my iPhone yesterday. Switched over from the BB8800. So far I love it but I have a few questions.

1) Is there any way to set the phone to automatically check for email at intervals, without actually having to open the mail program?

2) I have two main email accounts that I use, both are set up on my iPhone. It is a process to flip between the two accounts on the iPhone to check for mail. Is there a way to combine them so when I open the mail program, both are immediately visible and integrated (the way "mail" works on the Mac?)

3) Is there a way to mark all mail as read, even if I don't individually open up each file. Often I check the mail on my CPU and having to open each individual file on the iPhone is redundant. Furthermore, if I have opened the mail on my main, home computer, can I get the iPhone to understand that I have already read that piece of mail?

4) The calculator, is there an extended calculator? I like to use the % function, it's easier than computing it, but the calculator doesn't seem to have the extended version.. Is there one?

That's all the questions I can think of so far. Thanks for the help.

B

1. Yes, it should be in your mail settings. The most you can do is every 15 min.
2. I'm pretty sure it works that way automatically, just add a second account in mail settings.
3. Don't the two communicate and already know which ones have been read? Have you checked this?
4. There's not

DeathBySnuggles

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Tampa, Fl
1 - In settings, mail. first set of options.
2 - I have two mail accounts set up and thus far i see no way to "merge" them shy of forwarding one account to the other. I would love to see the home page icon identify new messages in different accounts rather than a grand total. like an unread counter in each corner of the icon for an individual mailbox.
3 - There seems to be no mass mark as read or delete function. Your best bet is to set your mail up as IMAP. I have my accounts set up as IMAP on the phone and POP in Outlook on my PC. When outlook downloads a message, the message status becomes "read" on the server. The iPhone pulls the message down, but it syncronizes with the server and the new message shows as already read. More over, if you have then deleted messages on your computer, when the phone connects with the server next, it will remove those messages.
4 - No

B-Line

Jul 6, 2007
Ok, let me see if I got this,

I can't merge the accounts on my iPhone? I have to check them separately? (That's kind of annoying), they merge on my Mac at home in MAIL..
I would like, just one inbox. I guess with the iPhone, you have to have an inbox with each mail account?

Apple are you listening.. FIX THAT !

B