A couple of questions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

meanyk

Oct 12, 2007
Sorry if this has been asked a bunch but when I used the search I did not find anything. If someone could help by answering or pointing me in the right direction that would be great.

I am on a family plan with AT&T and we are about to renew a 2 year contract sometime this month. I would really like to get an iPhone and I was wondering is it possible to buy one through ebay. Then use it with AT&T, or would there be some kind of issue? Would it cost me extra or are there any set backs.

raoser

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Sorry if this has been asked a bunch but when I used the search I did not find anything. If someone could help by answering or pointing me in the right direction that would be great.

I am on a family plan with AT&T and we are about to renew a 2 year contract sometime this month. I would really like to get an iPhone and I was wondering is it possible to buy one through ebay. Then use it with AT&T, or would there be some kind of issue? Would it cost me extra or are there any set backs.
=====================================

The drawback of anything purchased on ebay is that you may not get what you think you are paying for. For me, I don't think the small amount you may save is worth the potential hassle if there is a problem with the transaction or the phone itself.

It doesn't sound like unlocking or modding the phone is an issue for you, but I believe most of the people buying off ebay now are looking for phones that have been unlocked or that have the earlier firmware that allows for unlocking/modding. These phones may cost extra but you definitely shouldn't pay more than retail otherwise.

Hope this helps you.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
=====================================

The drawback of anything purchased on ebay is that you may not get what you think you are paying for. For me, I don't think the small amount you may save is worth the potential hassle if there is a problem with the transaction or the phone itself.

It doesn't sound like unlocking or modding the phone is an issue for you, but I believe most of the people buying off ebay now are looking for phones that have been unlocked or that have the earlier firmware that allows for unlocking/modding. These phones may cost extra but you definitely shouldn't pay more than retail otherwise.

Hope this helps you.
I have to agree, 100%. Your best bet is to purchase your phone directly from Apple or AT&T where you will be SURE what you're buying is a non-hacked phone that will work.