A couple things keeping me from getting the iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

spardis

Bronze
Aug 9, 2007
It only has 8Gb and i don't know how many megabytes contacts, pictures, and ringtones will take up. I will pronbaly have only 600 songs on it by next summer. And a couple of Gigabytes worth of video. The iPhone will probably only take up 700mb when you buy it, so realistcally it will have only 7Gb to use because of all the stuff it comes with already. I like to txt and i don't know how hard it will be to txt. Can anyone answer these questions. Also i have all my contacts saved on my verizon phone so i would have to put them all on my new phone. and give all my friends my new cell number.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
You'll have to wait for a few of the veterans to chime in on this one. But, from what i've been hearing it seems like 8gb is plenty for most.

I think in the case of puting songs on there, you won't be able to fit your whole library on there, but rather pick and choose your favorites. And that all depends on the size of your library. I've 5,000+ songs on my 20gb ipod.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
For me, the size is plenty. I only have 100 songs, less one than 1 GB. Data, such as contacts, ringtones, settings, bookmarks, etc. takes up very little space. Photos are the next largest thing. But as long as you keep them on your computer as well, you don't have to worry about that.

Dawgfan

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Here is what I have on mine right now...I do lots of podcasts which, believe it or not, can have larger file sizes even thought they could trim down the quality...

Songs - 470 (5.4 GB)
Photos - 234 (151 MB)
Videos - 5 (616 MB)
Other - 32 MB
Free Space - 1.06 GB

Workin' fine for me. Compare this to any other smartphone out there right now...and not even considering the ease of use and interface...

spardis

Bronze
Aug 9, 2007
For me, the size is plenty. I only have 100 songs, less one than 1 GB. Data, such as contacts, ringtones, settings, bookmarks, etc. takes up very little space. Photos are the next largest thing. But as long as you keep them on your computer as well, you don't have to worry about that.
my biggest problem is giving my friends my new phone number.