A feature I would LOVE

Dec 23, 2007
Chicago
www.novembersdoom.com
Most of us have our wish list... MMS, Copy and Paste, Flash support... I too want all that, but I thought of something else I want, I don't see mentioned too often.

I upgraded to a 16 GB iPhone, and sold my 8 GB to a good friend. I had an original launch day phone with a 5 series screen. The new 16 GB has a 7 series screen. It has no issues with white dots, or negative blacks. In fact, the black is much deeper and richer on this phone, and the images look sharper (do to better contrast) but the trade off is a much "warmer" screen. On my 5 series, the white had a "cold" of soft blue tint, and on the new phone, everything had a warm orange / yellow tint to it.

SO, to add to my wish list, Screen control. We have brightness, we need color, contrast... Basics to adjust the color on the screen the way we want it.

I love the 16 GB capacity, but the screen is taking me a bit to get comfortable with. The wife thinks I'm nuts, and being too picky... Maybe I am. :)

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
im with ya all the way! wish i could afford a 16gb, but the color contrast is a great idea.

Dec 23, 2007
Chicago
www.novembersdoom.com
If I got the 7 series from day one, I wouldn't have even noticed this, but since up until 3 days ago, I have gotten so used to the "cooler" screen, this one just bugs me at the moment. I'm sure I'll get used to it sooner or later, but just thinking, I wish I could dial the warmth back a touch. Some color control... Hell, we can't even get MMS... hahaha

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Yeah, what's the # to access that info again? #12345# something?

I'm curious what version I have because I've always felt mine is perfect in every way.... and I've seen some others with negative black/dead pixels and wonder how they could deal...

It's not being picky... considering what you paid for it.

Twice.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Ah, it's *3001#12345#*
So it says LCD panel version 5755136, Is this a 5 series then? I would classify it as "cold" in color temperature, although interestingly it got warmer when I went to the anti-glare screen protector. It seems to bring out the red pixels somehow?

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
My first iPhone I got in July was a 5 and when they exchanged it last month for a new one I got a 7. I thought the 5 looked better than the 7 I have now.