A few iPhone headphone choices, please help!

csi24

Nov 22, 2007
Hello everybody I know I'm not alone here when it comes to finding new headphones for my iPhone. So after looking at a few choices, some specifically made for the iPhone and some that are not, I've come to these choices:

Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 pro- I know they don't have the mic or anything, but some websites say that it comes with a 3.5mm plug and I know that will fit into the iPhone. Or are they lying and will I have to perform minor rubber cutting surgery so it will fit into the iPhone?

Etymotic hf2- These are specifically for the iPhone, but I really don't have the cleanest of ears, even though I keep them extemelly clean. And since they have the filters I'm sure I'll run through the filters provided and I'll see my wallet lit up from all the extra costs. So do you think these are worth it with what I have said about my ears?

Ultimate Ears Super.fi 4vi- These are also specifically made for the iPhone, but they only have one driver in them and I've also read a review that said their not worth the $149 price tag. I've seen them as cheap as $130, but still if I want to pay this much money I might as well go for the UE 5's which aren't that much more

V-Moda Vibe Duo- I have a regular pair of Vibe's from a few months ago, and even though they had thumping bass, I wasn't to impressed with it's clarity.

Wow this is pretty long, so thanks for reading if any of you made it this far. My number one choice is the UE 5's so if anyone has these and uses these on their iPhone's can you please tell me how good they are with the iPhone.

Thanks again and I look forward to reading your responses

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Skull Candy has a new set with the switch clicker for $79 in all chrome :cool: , white and black, I think are awesome. And the switch has the same function as the original set.

csi24

Nov 22, 2007
Skull Candy has a new set with the switch clicker for $79 in all chrome :cool: , white and black, I think are awesome. And the switch has the same function as the original set.
So you don't have any suggestions in the form of me getting the UE 5's? But thanks for the suggestion of the skull candies

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
So you don't have any suggestions in the form of me getting the UE 5's? But thanks for the suggestion of the skull candies
I go for the skulls because it is brand new from the CES, and the switch, and the chrome, will go with my grilles when I get them. Plus the $79, just waiting for them to show up at the local store so that I don't have to order and ship.:)

csi24

Nov 22, 2007
I go for the skulls because it is brand new from the CES, and the switch, and the chrome, will go with my grilles when I get them. Plus the $79, just waiting for them to show up at the local store so that I don't have to order and ship.:)
I'll have to keep them in mind when I make my final decision

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Yeah they have the switch that has the, one push for pause, two pushes to switch to the next song, which is incredibly useful (I'm still on 1.0.2, so no "two tap home button shortcut"). The sound quality on the calls and music is pretty good as well and the earbuds fit perfectly (the small size) in my ears.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Yeah they have the switch that has the, one push for pause, two pushes to switch to the next song, which is incredibly useful (I'm still on 1.0.2, so no "two tap home button shortcut"). The sound quality on the calls and music is pretty good as well and the earbuds fit perfectly (the small size) in my ears.

But wait..you said "pretty good"? So that says you are not completly happy with them?:eek:

csi24

Nov 22, 2007
Haha sorry, I meant pretty good, as in, "Dayum, that's pretty good!" not like, "Ah, well, it was pretty good..." If that makes any sense at all.
I read in a previous post that you had ordered directly from them but didn't receive conformation from them. Glad to see you got the issue resolved. I must say that even though the Vibe's weren't my favorite, they were some awesome earphones

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Ah yeah, I forgot to update on that. I got contacted back from V-Moda and they reimbursed me for the shipping and shipped out the product immediately. I'm not sure what took so long but once I was able to contact them, they were very courteous and fast with the order.

csi24

Nov 22, 2007
Yeah I've been to the Ulitmate Bud website a few times and they have some nice headphones that splice and attach on the original iPhone headset. Looks pretty good, if I don't decide on the UE 5's then these will be right there with the rest of the choices. Thanks again everyone, and please keep the opinions coming. Especially on the UE 5's:laugh2:

Last edited by a moderator:

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
SkullCandy has a pair that look just like the Vibe Duo. Personally, I like the clean/professional look of the Vibes; I'm not a skull-n-cross bone kinda girl.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
i'd really like to get either the skull candy or the vide duos, they both look really nice, but id just like to know which one has the better quality.

csi24

Nov 22, 2007
Thanks for you help everybody. I am going with the old saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it." And my Vibe's that I used with my Zun were very good earphones, so I have decided to get a pair of the Duo's in Gunmetal Rouge for the iPhone. I'm on the waiting list for the Etymotic hf2's and since I have 30 days to try them, what have I got to lose? If they break or I just plain don't like them they'll go back and I'll buy a pair of the Etymotic hf2's. Thanks again everybody, I'll post back if anything interesting happens

csi24

Nov 22, 2007
i'd really like to get either the skull candy or the vide duos, they both look really nice, but id just like to know which one has the better quality.
I owned a pair of Vibe's for my Zune and I loved them. So that's why I decided to buy a pair for my iPhone. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. They should be in by Friday or Monday

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
I owned a pair of Vibe's for my Zune and I loved them. So that's why I decided to buy a pair for my iPhone. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. They should be in by Friday or Monday
well, i guess i decided to get a pair of skulls. they should be in today after work so i hope theyre good. i'll let ya'll know what i think of them.