a few questions about jailbreaking.

eckseL

Feb 19, 2009
SoCal
Hello all,

I have a few questions about jailbreaking before I decide whether I'll do it or not. I read around but I didn't see some of these questions covered. Sorry if they were.

I've only had my iPhone 3g for less than two months now and i'm very happy with it. First off, will jailbreaking make any difference if I have never sync'd my iPhone? From what I have read most you do sync yours so I was just curious. Also, will jailbreaking affect apps such as iTunes, youtube, appstore, or safari? or will they work just as they do now? Will jailbreaking delete all my music and movies from the iPhone itself? and my last request, does anyone have screenshots or links of what bitesms or mysms looks like in landscape mode? Is it like it is now?

Sorry if some questions sound rhetorical. Thanks in advance for any responses and/or advice.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Jailbreaking effects none of the iPhone functions, if anything it enhances them all. Although whilst im writing this im going back to stock right now ;)

If you just use quickpwn or the equivalent, no data is lost. Go for it, worst comes to worst, if you don't like it, just restore!

Dec 8, 2008
N
Restore will be your best friend, jailbreaking is awesome and your device will be more enjoyable, some experience lag with it, i did and im back to stock... Use quickpwn for windows and pwnage tool for mac

BlueHeeler

Bronze
Nov 29, 2008
Try it, if you like I can't handle the lag just restore to stock.

eckseL

Feb 19, 2009
SoCal
Thank you guys for your replies.
Another thing, when you restore back to stock do you have to re-sync all your music/movies?

Dec 8, 2008
N
Thank you guys for your replies.
Another thing, when you restore back to stock do you have to re-sync all your music/movies?

Yeah. U will have to either resync. Or use your back up, no matter what, there will be syncing.